SCP-865
rating: +270+x

Item #: SCP-865

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-865 is to be kept, unloaded, in a locked firearms safe in the secure archive room at Site 73. SCP-865 is to be equipped with a trigger lock when not being tested and is to be marked with a tag indicating that it is non-functional and is not to be deployed in case of emergency.

As of ██/██/20██, all test firings of SCP-865 are to be conducted by and on D-class personnel only. No other staff are to be within visual range of SCP-865 during testing. D-class involved in testing are to be fitted with explosive collars and informed that any attempts at disobedience or resistance will result in summary termination.

SCP-865 is to be disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled before and after testing by a staff member trained in firearms maintenance. All test subjects are to be debriefed and monitored for lasting psychological effects.

Description: SCP-865 is a handgun of unknown make, superficially similar to a SIG Sauer P226 of the type manufactured after 1996, and bearing no identifying marks. SCP-865 can be disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled in the same manner as a normal pistol of its type. Several circuit boards and microprocessors have been incorporated into SCP-865's grip. The purpose of these devices is not fully understood at this time.

SCP-865 is capable of chambering any round compatible with the P226 and is compatible with standard-size and extended-length magazines. When fired, SCP-865 produces a muffled report similar to that made by a firearm with a suppressor attached, and a shell casing is ejected from the weapon's side. The bullet itself is not ejected from the barrel; high-speed photography has indicated that only trace amounts of powder and steam are emitted when SCP-865 is fired. Attempts to determine what happens to the bullet when SCP-865 is fired have yielded no results.

When fired into the air, at inanimate objects, or at non-human animals, SCP-865 presents no anomalous effects. When fired at a human being, the target immediately reacts as if the body part SCP-865 was aimed at when fired were in intense pain. Test subjects have claimed detailed memories of suffering a severe accidental injury to the targeted body part, and will behave at all times as if the memory is factual, up to and including mimicry of conditions associated with paraplegia, amputation, infection, or brain damage. Physical examination of test subjects indicates that no physical change occurs in body parts SCP-865 has been fired at. To date, no fatalities have resulted from SCP-865 testing. When fired at oneself, SCP-865 has no effect other than inflicting burns due to unignited gunpowder.

SCP-865 was acquired by the Foundation on ██/██/20██ during a raid on a warehouse owned by a front company associated with Marshall, Carter, and Dark Ltd. SCP-865 was found in a glass display case with a paper containing the following copy, believed to have been written as an advertisement;

The end result of over 17 years of research and development, the MCD-226-BPD represents the ultimate in non-lethal discipline for the discreet gentleman who expects the most from his subordinates. Each round fired from this hand-crafted, custom-made device is capable of transmitting up to 7.3 kilosades of psychological trauma to its target, and is 100% guaranteed to leave no incriminating wounds, bruises, or scars. For your convenience, the MCD-226-BPD may be loaded with any standard ammunition for a weapon of its type, or with our custom-made MCD-BPD ammunition (Item #2301943-581-3, sold separately) for best results and seamless shell disposal. A wide variety of customization options are available; consult one of our Client Satisfaction Specialists to help create the model that best fits your style and demeanor.

It is unknown at this time whether SCP-865 is a prototype or whether other devices of its type have been developed and distributed by MC&D to date.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License