SCP-4855

Item#: 4855
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
warning


Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4855 is to be housed in a modified humanoid containment unit in Site-17's Auxiliary Containment Wing C. Modifications must include soundproofing and a Faraday cage surrounding the chamber. Only Foundation staff who score above 90 on a Dunning–Kruger Memetic Resistance test are permitted to interact with SCP-4855.

Any requests by SCP-4855 for entertainment or other informational material may only be granted after said material is screened by both the memetics department and on-site AIC1 to prevent accidental contamination of anomalous information. In the event of unintended exposure to such information, SCP-4855 is to be immediately treated with Class-A amnestics.

Testing may only be permitted via approval from the Director of Site-17.2 Absolutely no testing will be allowed with entities or items that have demonstrated lethal effects. After completion of testing, SCP-4855 is to be treated with Class-A amnestics.

SCP-4855-ver%202

SCP-4855, at time of recovery.

Description: SCP-4855 is a 74 year-old African-American female, legally named Ms. Edwina Drake, of ██████████, North Dakota. SCP-4855 is immune to informational, psychological, memetic, and antimemetic anomalies. Analysis of the neural structure of SCP-4855's brain reveals no obvious structural or functional differences from baseline humans, and no internal or external mechanism has yet been discovered that could cause SCP-4855's anomalous effects. SCP-4855 is able to retain any anomalous information given to it as if said information were non-anomalous.

While this ability effectively shields SCP-4855 from all known informational or psychological anomalies, it also allows SCP-4855 to intentionally or unintentionally spread said anomalies to other parties. As such, the potential danger of an undetectable carrier for mental anomalies necessitates its current containment procedures. Exposure to standard chemical-based amnestics is sufficient to remove knowledge of any recent anomalous information, while memetic amnestics are not sufficient.

SCP-4855's mental acuity is above-average for a person of its age, although not exceptionally so. Psychological tests show that SCP-4855 shows no major mental illnesses, with above-average memory retention. SCP-4855's mental state and willingness to cooperate with Foundation staff have been demonstrated to decline in the prolonged absence of regular, sustained human contact. As such, frequent visits are allowed by approved staff trained in elderly psychology and companionship.

Acquisition: SCP-4855 became known to the Foundation on ██/██/2019, after the town of ██████████, North Dakota was exposed to a self-spreading class-III cognitohazard. A raid on nearby Site-██ had resulted in the public containment breach of a copy of SCP-████, resulting in 92 deaths by the time Foundation assets arrived to contain the situation3. SCP-4855 was discovered unharmed in a local nursing home, near the center of the affected area. Being the only living witness to the initial spread of the cognitohazard, SCP-4855 was detained and quarantined. Upon initial interview, SCP-4855's anomalous abilities became apparent.

Addendum-1: Following the successful containment of SCP-4855, testing was approved to determine the limits of its anomalous properties. Below are notable excerpts from testing logs involving SCP-4855. To access the complete list, contact the current head of SCP-4855's research staff.

Following Test 13, testing is only permitted with approval from the Director of Site-17.

Addendum-2: Incident 4855.01

On 07/26/2022, SCP-4855 underwent arterial bypass surgery to correct its severe myocardial ischemia.4 During surgery, SCP-4855 went into cardiac arrest, and was pronounced dead by attending staff. Two minutes after death, all staff in the Site-17 Anomalous Humanoid Operating Theatre suddenly collapsed. Still-running automated surgical instrumentation successfully restarted SCP-4855's heart 2 seconds later. Once containment crews arrived, ancillary surgical staff successfully stabilized SCP-4855 and completed surgery. All unresponsive staff members were confirmed deceased by containment crews. SCP-4855 recovered from surgery with no apparent brain damage.

Neural scans of the deceased staff showed distinct signs of several dozen conflicting cognitohazards within each subject's brain, which resulted in severe hemorrhaging. It is theorized that infohazards observed by SCP-4855 persisted after cessation of neural activity, and anomalously transferred to nearby living hosts once brain activity ceased. The rate of spread of this effect, and its maximum number of victims, has yet to be determined. This effect has been designated a cognitohazardous "Snap Back" scenario by memetics staff.

Countermeasures to prevent a possible "Snap Back" scenario are currently being developed. Use of classified life-extending technologies on SCP-4855 has been proposed, but have not been approved as of writing.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License