SCP-4771
rating: +84+x
whistle

SCP-4771 in storage at Site-19

Item #: SCP-4771

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4771 is to be kept in a standard safe-class anomalous item locker at Site-19. SCP-4771 has displayed a predictable behavior set under extensive testing. As SCP-4771 was instrumental in preserving the safety of numerous Foundation personnel, as of 11/14/2021, MTF Members and Foundation Personnel with level 2 or above clearance may apply to use SCP-47711.

Description: SCP-4771 is an anomalous dog whistle. SCP-4771 does not produce any sound in any frequency spectrum, unlike its non-anomalous counterparts.

SCP-4771's anomalous effects may manifest when it is blown by a former owner (henceforth referred to as subject) of a deceased pet canid.

Should the subject's life come under threat at any point in time after SCP-4771 was used, a temporary, selectively hostile, volitional Class-VIII incorporeal entity in the form of the subject's deceased pet (referred to as SCP-4771-B) will appear to render aid to the subject. In 98% of subjects, this effect will occur only once.

SCP-4771's anomalous effects will manifest with greater probability if the subject meets one or more of these criteria:

  • Subject acquired SCP-4771-B as a puppy when said subject was a child/adolescent
  • Subject adopted SCP-4771-B from a kill shelter
  • Subject grew up with SCP-4771-B
  • Subject has treated SCP-4771-B with respect and love during its lifetime
  • Subject has spent a lot of time engaging in play activities with SCP-4771-B
  • Subject was present at SCP-4771-B's death
  • Subject held, caressed, or otherwise maintained physical contact with SCP-4771-B as it expired
  • Subject interred SCP-4771-B's remains on the grounds of their place of residence
  • Subject remembers habits, quirks, or other strong memories regarding SCP-4771-B
  • Subject frequently talks about SCP-4771-B
  • Subject has pictures or other forms of visual media depicting SCP-4771-B on display

The degree to which an SCP-4771-B instance can exert influence over the physical world is affected by the conditions listed above in blue. As a general rule, the more the subject in question partakes in activities listed in blue, the greater the effect a corresponding SCP-4771-B instance can exert.

Analysis of high fidelity recording of sounds produced by all SCP-4771-B instances shows that according to the Foundation’s current understanding of auditory cognitohazards, all sounds produced by SCP-4771-B instances should be fatal to all human beings. Research on why this is not the case is currently ongoing.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License