SCP-4686
rating: +187+x
Hug

Possible image of SCP-4686-1 embracing an unknown requestor. The original image source remains unknown.

Item #: SCP-4686

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation web crawlers are to monitor SCP-4686 and prevent civilian access to the website. Information regarding SCP-4686 outside the Foundation is to be immediately acquired and removed. Civilians who have accessed SCP-4686 are to be amnesticised.

Description: SCP-4686 is a website under the domain name “www.hugs4everyone.i1l4y3”.

The website, thematically colored in various alternating shades of blue and pink, has three input fields: one requesting the "User's Full Name", another requesting a "Type of Hug", and the other requesting the "User's Response", respectively, alongside a "Request Hug" button.

After a person (the requestor) fills in the first two input fields accordingly, clicking the “Request Hug” button will cause an entity, referred to as SCP-4686-1, to emerge and grow from the monitor of the requestor’s device. SCP-4686-1 will then proceed to embrace the requestor based on the type of “hug” requested.

SCP-4686-1 is capable of manipulating its anatomy and is consistently observed to be covered in fur, closely resembling that of a rabbit or a dog, specifically an Angora rabbit or a Samoyed dog. SCP-4686-1 will continue embracing the requestor for varying amounts of time. At the end of the activity, SCP-4686-1 will wave one of its limbs before reintegrating its mass into the initial computer display. The website will then enter a refractory period lasting from 24 to 145 hours where it will be unavailable to take in requests.

Any attempt to apprehend SCP-4686-1 has failed, as it is capable of becoming incorporeal. The entity also affects any recording devices pointing at itself, distorting or corrupting any data that contains footage of itself within these devices. The operator and creator of SCP-4686 remain unknown.

Addendum 4686: Foundation personnel have successfully accessed SCP-4686’s history of operations. Transcribed below is the recent months’ history in table form for ease of view. For the complete list, refer to SCP-4686 Requestor List.

Date Name of Requestor Type of Hug Delivery User Response
3/6/19 Anthony Miles [DEFAULT] Success [BLANK]
13/6/19 Howard Smith A warm hug Success Yep, definitely warm.
14/6/19 Nahla Preston A hug that can cure diseases Failed Why?
15/6/19 Maisie Mcarthur [DEFAULT] Success It was really nice. Would recommend.
20/6/19 Finlay Benson [DEFAULT] Success Thanks.
25/6/19 Chris Maynard [DEFAULT] Success WTF
27/6/19 Nahla Preston A hug that can cure diseases Failed Please
29/6/19 Anthony Miles A warm hug Success Thank you. It was really cozy.
6/7/19 Jannat Wills [DEFAULT] Success Made me happy for the rest of the day :)
7/7/19 Nahla Preston A comforting hug Failed [Out of Range] [BLANK]
8/7/19 Nikki Sierra A sensual hug Denied booo, fake website. a waste of time
15/7/19 Aadam Black [DEFAULT] Success It was okay.
16/7/19 Anthony Miles A tighter hug Success I really needed that. Thanks.
The Foundation's latest attempt at shutting down SCP-4686. The website remained accessible but SCP-4686-1 was not able to manifest.
19/7/19 Anthony Miles A warmer hug Failed [BLANK]
20/7/19 Jay Mejia [DEFAULT] Failed A waste of time.
21/7/19 Anthony Miles A very warm hug Failed Why?
23/7/19 Anthony Miles A very big hug Failed Hello?
23/7/19 Anthony Miles A long lasting hug Failed Am I banned. Did I do something wrong?
23/7/19 Anthony Miles Any hug Failed Please.
25/7/19 Devan Hartman [DEFAULT] Failed 1/10
28/7/19 Franco Brown [DEFAULT] Failed Figured it was a troll site.
30/7/19 Aurelia Summers A nice hug Failed [BLANK]
SCP-4686 returned to its normal operations.
31/7/19 Hugs 4 Everyone The warmest hug for Anthony Miles Failed [BLANK]
1/8/19 Hugs 4 Everyone The warmest hug ever for Anthony Miles Failed [BLANK]
2/8/19 Hugs 4 Everyone The biggest hug for Anthony Miles Failed [BLANK]
3/8/19 Hugs 4 Everyone The most loving hug for Anthony Miles Failed [BLANK]
3/8/19 Hugs 4 Everyone The greatest hug for Anthony Miles Failed [BLANK]
3/8/19 Hugs 4 Everyone The nicest hug for Anthony Miles Failed [BLANK]
4/8/19 Hugs 4 Everyone The bestest hug for Anthony Miles Failed [Out of Range] [BLANK]
4/8/19 Hugs 4 Everyone The ultimate mega hug for Anthony Miles Failed [Out of Range] [BLANK]
4/8/19 Hugs 4 Everyone The super infinity giant hug for Anthony Miles Failed [Out of Range] [BLANK]
5/8/19 Hugs 4 Everyone A hug for Anthony Miles Failed [Out of Range] sorry

Update 4/8/19: SCP-4686’s refractory period has been observed to be reduced by half. The reason for this remains unknown.

Update 21/8/19: The refractory period has been reduced to 24 hours. The reason for this remains unknown.

Update 2/9/19: The refractory period has been reduced to less than 24 hours. Multiple reports from witnesses have stated that SCP-4686-1, compared to its previous descriptions, has started to appear "thinner” than usual. The reason for this remains unknown.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License