SCP-4580
rating: +11+x
4580.JPG

An image of SCP-4580 transforming an attacker into an instance of SCP-4580-1
Taken March 18, 2016

Item #: SCP-4580

Object Class: Safe Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4580 is to be monitored by MTF Theta-8 ("The Bird Watchers") at all times. In the case of an SCP-4580-1 event, MTF Theta-8 are to be relocated to whichever Foundation site is nearest to the new location of SCP-4580.

Civilians are to be kept away from SCP-4580 at all times. If a civilian does manage to interact with SCP-4580, they are to be apprehended, questioned, and then administered Class-A amnestics.

Any Foundation personnel 03 or below must receive permission from the site manager of whichever site MTF Theta-8 are currently stationed at if they wish to communicate with SCP-4580. All questions for SCP-4580 must approved in advance by the acting site manager.

D-Class personnel are to under no circumstance be allowed to communicate with SCP-4580.

Under no circumstance are personnel to attack SCP-4580.

Any location that SCP-4580 chooses is to be immediatly closed off to the public. If questioned, personnel are to state one of the following:

  • The tree which the ravens have chosen has been discovered to be an endangered species.
  • The tree is infected with a dangerous parasite capable of traveling on humans, so the area is closed off the prevent further contamination.
  • The ravens on the tree are extremely hostile, and <insert number here> civilians have already been attacked.

Any further excuses are to be approved by the acting MTF Theta-8 commander.

Description: SCP-4580 is a flock of Corvus corax (common raven), currently consisting of 37 ravens of three variations (designated SCP-4580-1, SCP-4580-2, and SCP-4580-3). SCP-4580 instances have not been observed eating, sleeping, or defecating. The flock migrates approximately once every one to five years; the longest recorded time between migrations was ten years, four months, and twenty-seven days. If any instance of SCP-4580-1 is killed, it will disappear, leaving its feathers behind.

SCP-4580-1 appears to be physically identical to a normal specimen of Corvus corax, at least externally. Due to the fact that SCP-4580-1 disappears in exception to its feathers upon death, no successful autopsy of SCP-4580-1 has ever been achieved. All instances of SCP-4580-1 will generally leave SCP-4580-4 at some point during the day, generally returning five to ten hours afterword. It is believed that they are listening in on people's conversations and collecting secrets during this time. Once they return, each instance of SCP-4580-1 will whisper something to SCP-4580-2, before perching on a branch of SCP-4580-4 (the tree that SCP-4580 are currently located on). They will then generally wait three to seven hours before leaving again.

SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 take the form of significantly larger than normal ravens (84 centimeters tall). SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 are very similar in appearance in exception to coloration, as SCP-4580-2 is primarily black with the runes ᛗᛖᛗᛟᚱᚤ in white on its right wing, while SCP-4580-3 is primarily white, with the runes ᛏᚺᛟᚢᚷᚺᛏ in black on its right wing. SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 will always sit at the highest point of SCP-4580-4. For more information on SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3, see document 4580-A.

When the runes engraved on the side of SCP-4580-4 are spoken aloud within ten meters of SCP-4580-4, both SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 will go to whoever said the words, who will from here on out be refered to as the subject. They will then transform into humanoid figures. When they transform, a large cloud of black or white feathers will form around both SCPs, which will disipate in approximately ten seconds, to reveal both the SCPs newly transformed; both entities are entirely covered in feathers wearing clay masks. SCP-4580-2 will have black feathers with a white mask, while SCP-4580-3 will be the opposite. Both of these have the runes usually written on the SCP's right wing written on the mask. Both figures stand approximately three and quarter meters tall. SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 will both be able to fluently speak whatever language the words that summoned them were spoken in.

Once SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 have transformed, they will ask the subject if they have come for secrets. If the subject says no, SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 will transform back into ravens and fly away. If the subject says yes, SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 will ask what they are willing to give in return. SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 will accept several different forms of payment. These include lustrous metals such as gold or silver, gem stones, or other secrets. Once the subject has made their payment to SCP-4580-2 (all payments must be made to SCP-4580-2 as SCP-4580-3 will not accept payment), SCP-4580-3 will tell the subject the requested secret, before turning back into ravens and returning to their perch on SCP-4580-4, unless the subject requests another secret. SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 may only be summoned three times a day, and any attempt to summon them beyond that will result in no response.

If an individual attempts to attack any instance of SCP-4580, either physically or verbally, both SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 will make a very loud cawing sound, and all instances of SCP-4580-1 will begin to fly in circles around the person who attempted to attack them until the person is no longer visible. The instances of SCP-4580-1 will continue to encircle the person for approximately ten more seconds, before dissipating and revealing what is believed to be the attacker transformed into an instance of SCP-4580-1. That instance of SCP-4580-1 will then join SCP-4580.

SCP-4580-4 takes the form of any tree that SCP-4580 has chosen during an SCP-4580-1 event. SCP-4580 most commonly chooses Fraxinus (ash tree), however, if Fraxinus are not present in the region, they will choose any tree they find suitable. SCP-4580 will generally choose a tree in or near a highly populated area. This tree must also be large enough to support the entire flock. Once SCP-4580 chooses a tree, they will land on it, and the runes ᛋᛖᚲᚱᛖᛏ ᚴᛖᛖᛈᛖᚱᛋ ᛋᛖᚲᚱᛖᛏ ᚴᛖᛖᛈᛖᚱᛋ ᛋᚺᛟᚹ ᚤᛟᚢᚱᛋᛖᛚᚡᛖᛋ ᛏᛟ ᛗᛖ will manifest carved into the side of the tree. For an unknown reason, the tree will be incapable of healing over the runes. The process by which these runes appear is currently unknown. When translated, these runes say, "██████ ███████ ██████ ███████, ████ ██████████ ██ ██." If these words are spoken in any language within ten meters of SCP-4580-4, then SCP-4580-2 and SCP-4580-3 will descend and transform, and the previousely discussed process will occur.

An SCP-4580-1 event occurs when all instances of SCP-4580-1 through SCP-4580-3 leave the current instance of SCP-4580-4. From that point on, they will fly to somewhere else in the world and choose a new instance of SCP-4580-4. Instances of SCP-4580-4 that SCP-4580 leaves behind will retain the runes carved into their side, however, speaking them aloud within ten meters of the tree will no longer have an effect.

Recovery: SCP-4580 was originally discovered in ██████, Norway after reports by the local police of people being turned into ravens. Supposedly, SCP-4580 had chosen a tree in █████ ██████'s backyard as SCP-4580-4. Having the ravens there supposedly, "Creeped her out", so she contacted local exterminators to remove the SCP-4580. However, when the exterminators attempted to place an instance of SCP-4580-1 in a bag, they were both transformed into instances of SCP-4580-1.

█████ ██████ then contacted her local police, who then contacted the Foundation. The Foundation proceeded to evict █████ ███████ from her home, which was designated Site-██. Approximately two years and three weeks after Site-██ was established, SCP-4580 attempted to go through an SCP-4580-1 event. MTF Theta-8 were called in to re-contain SCP-4580, however, during the attempt, two of its members were transformed into instances of SCP-4580-1. Due to this, MTF Theta-8 was instead instructed to enact the current containment procedures.

Additional Documents


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License