SCP-4514
Vintage_Switchblade.jpg

SCP-4514

Item #: SCP-4514

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4514 is to be held in a standard Safe-Class container. SCP-4514 is only to be used with the approval of the O5 council.

Description: SCP-4514 refers to a standard switch knife. SCP-4514's anomalous properties are known to manifest should it:

  • Injure an individual such that they lose 40% of their blood
  • Injure an individual to cause significant damage to the brain
  • Injure an individual to cause significant damage to the heart
  • Injure an individual such that they are incapable of respiration

Investigation is underway to discover additional ways to trigger SCP-4514's anomalous properties.

Should an individual be injured by SCP-4514 in such a way that activates its anomalous properties, that individual will die.1

Discovery: On 5/14/2130, SCP-4514 was recovered following a violent altercation between two inebriated individuals. The quarrel resulted in SCP-4514 being used to kill one of the involved persons. Foundation personnel were alerted after the local paper published a story covering the event, who administered amnestics to all witnessing parties. A disinformation campaign was run thereafter to discredit the news agency.

Experiment Log:

Experiment #: 1

Subject: D-3314, 36-year-old caucasian female, healthy

Procedure: Subject is to be given a minor incision (0.125cm deep, 3cm long) into her arm with SCP-4514.

Result: Subject survived.

Experiment #: 2

Subject: D-3314, 36-year-old caucasian female, healthy

Procedure: Subject is to be sedated and given a major incision (1cm deep, 10 cm long) into her leg with SCP-4514. Afterwards, the wound is to be stitched together.

Result: Subject survived.

Experiment #: 3

Subject: D-8833, 93-year-old asian male, inhibited cerebral function

Procedure: Subject is to be sedated, and then punctured with SCP-4514. The puncture is to target the brain, and occur as swiftly as possible.

Result: Subject expired.

Experiment #: 4

Subject: D-11424, 131-year-old caucasian female, suffering from muscle spasms and numbness due to complications arising from neck surgery.

Procedure: Subject is to be sedated, and given a major incision (1cm deep, 10 cm long) across her midsection. If the subject is still alive after 50% of the subject's blood has left her body through the incision, the wound is to be stitched together, and an adequate amount of blood is to be siphoned back into the subject.

Result: Subject expired after 40% of her blood left her body.

<Additional Tests Hidden For Brevity>

Experiment #: 47

Subject: Researcher George Haus, 132-year-old caucasian male

Procedure: A small portion of SCP-4514 is to be removed, and melted. It is to be fused with a standard 45-caliber bullet. The subject is to be sedated and then shot in the head with the bullet.

Result: Subject expired.

Experiment #: 48

Subject: Researcher Tanya Luvoi, 89-year-old caucasian female

Procedure: Subject is to be sedated. Pressure is to be applied to the subject's throat using the handle of SCP-4514 such that the subject suffocates.

Result: Subject expired.

Experiment #: 49

Subject: Site Director Charles Panthe, 149-year-old caucasian male

Procedure: Subject is to be sedated, and then punctured with SCP-4514. The puncture is to be performed by a mechanical arm.

Result: Subject expired.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License