SCP-4435
rating: +38+x

NOTICE FROM THE FOUNDATION RECORDS AND INFORMATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION

The following file describes an anomalous spectral entity. Only authorized personnel working under this anomaly are permitted access to the sensitive information below.

— Dr. Lorraine Casper, Head of the Department of Spectral Phenomena

Ghosts.jpg
SCP-4435. Picture taken by Mobile Task Forces

Item#: SCP-4435

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4435 is kept inside an Incorporeal Entity Vacuum Chamber. Should SCP-4435 begin exhibiting unnatural behavior, the chamber is to be kept at a high setting to prevent SCP-4435 from dematerializing. Electronic devices are not allowed within SCP-4435's holding chamber at all times. Each camera inside the chamber has been modified with a single nPDN (Non-Physical Displacement Neutralizers) to prevent destruction from SCP-4435.

Description: SCP-4435 is a Class III Incorporeal/Corporeal Humanoid Apparition and a Type 6M1 Phantasmic Entity. SCP-4435 appears as a middle-aged man of Asiatic descent wearing a black overcoat. In addition, SCP-4435 appears to have had its vocal cords surgically removed and its ligaments severed from the joints in six different places2. Because of this, SCP-4435 constantly bleeds from these extremities and observations indicate this hemorrhaging to be permanent.

While SCP-4435 is capable of existing in-between its physical and spectral form, it has shown to fully change to either one of these states; when interacting with solid obstacles, SCP-4435 will become intangible and phase through matter. Similarly, when encountering sentient entities, it will turn itself or a portion of its body tangible to interact with it. SCP-4435 is also capable of causing irreparable damage in electronic devices and equipment when passing through them3.

Discovery: SCP-4435 was discovered by PoI-9009 ("Kevin Nguyen") after the subject had reported a "supernatural presence" in his apartment at his private blog. Foundation webcrawlers intercepted the blog post via anomalous incident recognition algorithms and mobilized MTF-Mu-13 ("Ghostbusters") to the location. Upon retrieval of SCP-4435, the entity began displaying a psychological attachment to Kevin Nguyen, who believes that SCP-4435 was his father, Brian Nguyen, who had disappeared six months prior.

Addendum 4436.1: First Interview


Addendum 4435.2: Excerpt from Dr. Cyrus Tamlin's paper: "Apparition Escalation: Preliminary Research into Human Triggered Escalation of Apparition Hostility"

Addendum 4435.3: Second Interview and Incident

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License