SCP-4215
rating: +81+x

2/4215 LEVEL 2/4215
CLASSIFIED
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
Item #: SCP-4215
Euclid
M42_self_propelled_AA_gun_%22Duster%22_in_the_Red_Sea_of_Jordan.jpg

SCP-4215 on patrol.


Special Containment Procedures: Following the events of second contact with SCP-4215, no commercial vessel is to be allowed within a 20 kilometer radius of SCP-4215’s waters. All fishing is to be monitored and prohibited. Due to the method of SCP-4215’s targeting, three barrels of crude oil must be dropped in SCP-4215’s patrol waters daily.

Description: SCP-4215 is an M42 40 mm Self-Propelled Anti Aircraft gun (Duster), that is currently located on the seafloor of the Great Barrier Reef. SCP-4215 displays signs of rusting and wear, but still retains all of the same functions of a M42 Duster. SCP-4215 has been shown to support the section of reef it “patrols” through symbiosis, such as producing new coral polyps from its barrel, providing protection from predators, and removing dead or bleached corals. Furthermore, SCP-4215 has been found to fire projectiles ranging from ink to whaling harpoons. The origin of these projectiles is unknown. SCP-4215 regularly patrols a section 4 kilometers in radius of the reef.

SCP-4215 is currently inhabited by 5 instances of kisslip cuttlefish (Sepia lycidas). All 5 instances fulfill a different role in the tank’s control, such as gunman, viewman, or maintenance. Each instance is capable of low-level communication through its natural chameleonic properties. The 5 instances, hereafter referred to as SCP-4215-1 through 5, have been found to be incapable of leaving SCP-4215 due to its locked state. Despite this, no instance expresses hunger or thirst. All attempts to breach the tank’s exterior have failed.

Contact was first made with SCP-4215 following reports of seismic and ecological disturbances in the Barrier Reef, including fish carcasses found to be shot with buckshot and rifle fire. Following the removal of a video posted to YouTube of SCP-4215 in action, the Foundation cordoned off the tank’s “perimeter," causing a redirection of all shipping routes in a 10 km radius. Extended files are attached below.

Incident 4215-A/1

SCP-4215 established a wider patrol area with a radius of 6 kilometers, and proceeded to alter its ammunition production in the following ways:

180px-Hyperia.jpg

Sol comedenti.

  • producing a form of energized Ideonella sakaiensis requiring double the amount of plastic to produce energy.
  • producing a new species of zooplankton consuming carbon dioxide at twice the rate than any previously sighted, tentatively named Sol comedenti.
  • filtering mercury from the water which it uses to oxygenate the surroundings, reducing the patrol area's mercurial content by nearly half. SCP-4215's methods of atomic modification are unknown.
  • Reducing the patrol area's temperature by up to 3 degrees.
  • Releasing a prionic pathogen causing total organ destruction in Spot-fin lionfish (Pterois antennata) and crown-of-thorns starfish (Acanthaster planci), eliminating the two from the environment.

Testing Log

Input Results Notes
100% saltwater in a plastic milk carton. SCP-4215 produced I. sakaiensis, which completely consumed the PET. The water was left untouched, and SCP-4215 fired upon an oil refinery 7 kilometres away. It is theorized SCP-4215 was out of targets.
1 wild Alaskan salmon, fed with 53 plastic packing pellets. SCP-4215 produced 1 cube of ipecac, which it forcefully fed to the salmon by firing it from its barrel. The salmon was left unharmed, though it expulged every packing pellet, which were consumed by I. sakaiensis.
3 barrels of crude oil. The barrels were promptly destroyed by blasts from SCP-4215’s barrel. The oil was filtered by SCP-4215 for the rest of the day. Upon completing filtration, SCP-4215 expelled 3 bones belonging to Latimeria chalumnae (West Indian coelecanth) and 2 belonging to Latimeria menadoensis. (Indonesian coelecanth)
Graciliaria salicornia colonies. SCP-4215 produced a cloud of liquid, later determined to be squid ink, preventing the colonies from photosynthesizing. It then fired upon the colonies, as well as the remote submersible by which the algae was delivered. It was later determined one colony had been caught on the submersible’s arm. No colony remained alive.

Interview Log 1

Interviewer: Junior Researcher Klatz

Interviewee: SCP-4215-1.

Note: This interview was performed entirely through Morse, with Researcher Klatz flashing a light to communicate as non-anomalous instances of Sepia lycidas would.


Klatz: THIS IS KLATZ, SCP-4215 LISTEN FOR RESPOND. OVER

4215-1: RESPOND. THAT IS NOT OUR CALLSIGN

Klatz: WHAT IS IT

4215-1: STS

Klatz: MEANING

4215-1: SQUID TANK SQUAD

Klatz: HELLO STS

4215-1: HI FRIEND

Klatz: WHY ARE YOU DOWN HERE WHAT DO YOU DO

4215-1: WE PROTECT REEF BY SHOOTING WHAT HARMS IT

Klatz: YOUR TANK FIRES STRANGE AMMO CAN YOU TELL HOW IT WORKS

4215-1: WE PRESS A BUTTON HERE. OUR HELMSMAN DOES ANOTHER AND IT SHOOTS WHAT WE WANT

Klatz: DO YOU REQUIRE FOOD OR WATER

4215-1: WE NOT HUNGRY OUR ONLY DUTY IS TO PROTECT

Klatz: HOW DID YOU ENTER THIS TANK WE FIND ITS HULL IMPENETRABLE

4215-1: WE ARE A GROUP OF SOLDIERS WE GOT SEPARATED FROM BTTLN WE FOUND TANK THEN WE HIT IT WITH HELMETS AND GUNS THEY BROKE BUT WE NOW PROTECT FISHES

Klatz: CAN YOU TELL US LOCATIONS OF REST OF YOUR BTTLN

4215-1: WE DONT KNOW NOW WE DEFEND THIS REEF BY ANY MEANS NCSSRY

Klatz: THAT WILL BE ALL

<END LOG>

Incident 4215-A/2

A month after Incident 4215-A/1, SCP-4215 ceased patrol, and began to produce a repeated message from its barrel in Morse, refusing 6 interview attempts.

NOTHING LEFT
NOTHING
JUST AS TIDE HITS SAND
WE CANNOT STOP DESTINY
IT SIMPLY REDIRECTS

oil

The destroyed oil tanker Hephaestus.

Following this transmission, SCP-4215 began to fire upon all commercial vessels in a 20 kilometer radius, causing 24 casualties when it fired Stinger surface-to-air missiles upon an oil tanker. SCP-4215 then proceeded to reduce the spilled hydrocarbons into its base carbonic form, using it to create coral polyps and S. comedenti instances. Immediately after, SCP-4215 beached itself for the first time during Incident 4215-A/3. Details are located below.

Incident 4215-A/3: Event Log

SCP-4215 beaches itself on the coast of Melbourne. Stopping on the beach, it fires rounds, instantly vaporizing garbage cans, as well as their contents. SCP-4215 leaves recycling bins untouched. It continues towards the city center, occasionally firing ink and tear gas at civilians who threw recyclable material, such as glass or plastic, in garbage receptacles. Its explosive rounds occasionally are fired at houses with visible smoke output from chimneys, damaging 13 buildings. Once reaching the city’s industrial district, it stops, shooting all non-electric cars in a 6 block distance with rifle rounds, detonating all targets, before running over each. SCP-4215 then fires Stinger missiles at 5 factories in the district, before returning to the reef. Environmental analysis showed the damaged factories were responsible for approximately a third of Melbourne’s carbon dioxide output. Although no direct civilian casualties were caused by SCP-4215’s attack, its resultant destruction killed 35 and injured 212. SCP-4215 was found to deploy miniature surface to air missiles to destroy any plastic commercial items that were not found in recycling receptacles. Video analysis displays the tank firing at the beat of a Morse code message: DONE. This message was repeated 3 times. Class A amnestics were administered to the affected.

Interview Log 2

Interviewer: Junior Researcher Klatz

Interviewee: SCP-4215-1.


Klatz: THIS IS KLATZ OVER

Klatz: HELLO

Klatz: ARE YOU RSPND

Klatz: WHAT DID YOU DO

Klatz: THEY WERE INNOCENT

(SCP-4215-1 does not respond till 5 minutes after initial questioning.)

4215-1: NOT TO US (Video feed cuts out.)

(Following this statement, SCP-4215 fired on the submersible, rendering it destroyed. Foundation video analysis suggests the cause of loss of video to be an anchor to the submersible’s control matrix.)
<END LOG>

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License