SCP-4122
rating: +54+x

Item #: SCP-4122

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4122 is to be stored in a standard locked safe-deposit box. Access is restricted, requiring written permission from two Level 4 personnel.

Testing with SCP-4122 is prohibited.

Description: SCP-4122 is a section of PVC pipe, 9 cm in diameter and 17 cm long. An arrow is drawn on the side of the object in black permanent marker.

Housed within SCP-4122 is a temporal anomaly that shifts objects passing through it 1 second into the future or past, depending on the direction of travel. Objects passing through in the direction of the arrow (hereafter "the forward direction") travel into the future, while objects passing in the opposite direction (hereafter "the backward direction") travel into the past.

SCP-4122 was recovered from the possession of Michael Swanson, a tradesman who had been using the object to duplicate currency. Swanson claimed to have retrieved SCP-4122 from a house in the suburbs of Brisbane, Australia after being hired to perform maintenance work on the building's stormwater system. Foundation efforts to locate the house have been unsuccessful, and the address provided by Swanson prior to being amnesticised lead to an undeveloped estate.

Addendum A: SCP-4122 Testing Log

Addendum B: SCP-4122 Audio Analysis Results

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License