SCP-4048
rating: +198+x

Item #: SCP-4048

Object Class: Extraterrestrial

Containment Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: The Foundation is to sponsor forklift certification programs in the cities of New Orleans and Chicago. These programs are to purposely include faults, such as safety misinformation and incompetent teaching. Civilians entering these programs are to have their backgrounds checked for previous forklift certification that was previously revoked. Subjects meeting these conditions are to be interviewed for possible information pertaining to SCP-4048-1 and then given Class-A amnestics.

Description: SCP-4048 is a circular object approximately 37 meters in diameter. SCP-4048 is capable of indefinite flight and complete invisibility. As such, it is extremely difficult to observe SCP-4048 outside of Delta Events. SCP-4048 is believed to host a number of extraterrestrial organisms aboard.

Occasionally, SCP-4048 will cause a Delta Event. During a Delta Event, SCP-4048 will hover over a target. All targets have the following traits in common:

  • Target is employed at a warehouse in either New Orleans or Chicago.
  • Target regularly uses a forklift in the course of their occupation.
  • Target is forklift certified.

Once the target enters REM sleep, they will spontaneously disappear from their residence for a period of time ranging from 30 minutes to one hour. This is the only time that SCP-4048 is observable to the naked eye, above the residence of the target. Afterwards, they will remanifest in their beds.

Targets claim to remember being awoken inside of an interrogation chamber and questioned about their tenure as a forklift operator. This interrogation usually includes questions about their performance, their efficiency, their usage of a forklift in the workplace, and their knowledge of forklift operation. After this interrogation, the target will reappear in their beds.

After Delta Events, approximately 63% of targets will have their forklift certification voided by an unknown source. In addition, all evidence that the target was ever forklift certified will be voided in some way during this event.

Addendum 01: Interview Log

Addendum 02: Incident 4048-09

As part of an experiment, the Foundation attempted communication with SCP-4048. Signals with text in several languages, binary, and pictograms were sent to SCP-4048. SCP-4048 responded to the pictograms, and sent a corresponding series recorded below:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License