SCP-3939

[NUMBER RESERVED; AWAITING RESEARCHER]

  • rating: +937+x

scp.jpg

IMG_201802280039.JPG

Item #: SCP-3939

Object Class: Unclassed

Special Containment Procedures: Object is kept in standard pre-containment holding cell. A researcher is to be assigned to classify it as soon as possible.

Description: None yet available.

You read the object's document — all measly 24 words of it — and shudder at the work that lies ahead of you.

Your name is Senior Researcher ████ ████████, and you are a researcher assigned to SCP-3939.

Last week, you were demoted from Class 4 to Class 3 on account of critical oversights in your last project. It wasn't your fault, but they didn't see it that way. Fortunately for you, that wasn't your last chance — but this is. SCP-3939 could be the last project you ever work on for the Foundation, and that prospect terrifies you. The thought of going 'home', of having a 'family', a 'normal life', being able to do all the things normal people do — what the sheep do — that's not okay. The Foundation is your home, your family, where you belong. Your life's work is here, and now that it's all in jeopardy, you're more stressed than you've ever been.

You have three days to develop full containment procedures for an unknown SCP. SCP-3939. You've done this a hundred times before, and they didn't give you an MTF to help you out, so how bad can it be?

You get to work immediately. From the terminal in your office, you do what research you can to fill yourself in on what you've missed. It quickly becomes clear that all is not as it seems. You've asked the right people the right questions, but something is very wrong. The object has been in containment since Site-39's records began — thirteen years ago — but there is no history of its acquisition, of previous containment procedures, or even of previous researchers.

So they've just had this anomalous object sitting about in some holding cell in storage for thirteen years, unclassed, uncontained, just doing whatever. And no one has thought to think about properly containing it until now.

See, normally, stuff is at least classified immediately. You know, Safe, Euclid, Keter. However the Foundation found out about the skip, however it was retrieved, they must know something. But you've read the document twenty times now, and you know nothing. Except that it's a gramophone. At least they bothered to take a picture before they took it in.

It's kind of weird that they gave it a number if it's not even been classified, you can't help but think to yourself. Well, you're not one to pass up a good opportunity. This will be your chance to shine. Make good enough containment procedures, and you might just get your Class 4 back, who knows.

You've been given two Junior Researchers: Sally Hawthorne and Carlos Rodriguez. You've worked with both before, though only a small amount, and not less than a year ago.

With that in mind, what's your first action?

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License