SCP-3872
rating: +154+x
seward.jpg

SCP-3872 (Portrait taken during the public life of William Henry Seward)

Item #: SCP-3872

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3872 is to be contained in a standard humanoid containment cell furnished with furniture predating 1930, to minimize distress to SCP-3872. Additional requests may be approved by Dr. Jamesson as required.

The following items were requested, and approved by Dr. Jamesson on the grounds of the improvement of SCP-3872's mental stability:

  • A phonograph. A modern replica was approved and provided to SCP-3872 for use during recreation hours. Several period-appropriate records have been provided.
  • Several fountain pens, and notebooks. Modern reproductions of vintage-style fountain pens were provided, with an assortment of modern inks.

Psychological counseling sessions shall take place with Dr. Jamesson on a biweekly basis.

Under no circumstances is SCP-3872 to be informed of the existence of, nor introduced in any fashion to, SCP-2045.

Description: SCP-3872 is William Henry Seward, US Secretary of State from 1861 to 1869, and appears to be biologically immortal. SCP-3872 is, at this time, biologically 56 years of age. SCP-3872 has shown no visible or medical signs of aging. SCP-3872 possesses no other anomalous abilities or attributes.

Historical records indicate that William Henry Seward died in 1872; however, recovered records from ASCI Site-22 have indicated that SCP-3872 has been in containment for an indeterminate amount of time. SCP-3872 shows signs of significant mental deterioration, hypothesized to be due to isolation within the American Secure Containment Initiative (ASCI) Site-22 for somewhere between 75 and 80 years. Logs of psychological evaluation by Dr. Jamesson can be found in Addendum B.

According to conflicting ASCI Records, SCP-3872 was first put into containment somewhere between 1920 and 1926. Containment was determined to be necessary after SCP-3872 was confirmed to be involved in the 1919 "Great Molasses Flood"1 in Boston, which released 2.3 million gallons of molasses causing 21 deaths, and a significant number of injuries. SCP-3872 has claimed that it caused the flood in order to prevent the use of molasses in consumer goods.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License