SCP-3724
rating: +16+x
SCP-3724-1.jpg

SCP-3724-1 on the roof of SCP-3724

SCP-3724-2.jpg

An instance of SCP-3724-2-A (right) and SCP-3724-2-B (left)

Item #: SCP-3724

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: The fencing around SCP-3724 which defines its outer perimeter has been altered to give strong electrical shocks upon physical contact. This is to act as a deterrent to prevent humans and animals from accessing SCP-3724. SCP-3724's front gate is to be guarded by at least one member of MTF Psi-7 ("Home Improvement") disguised as a security guard. The two neighboring houses adjacent to SCP-3724 have been purchased by the foundation in order to reduce the chances of civilians triggering an active state. Any individuals caught trespassing on the premises of SCP-3724 are to be detained, questioned, administered Class B amnestics and released. Future testing with SCP-3724 is to be approved by at least two personnel with level 3 clearance or higher.

Description: SCP-3724 is a two-story house located in the center of a gated estate in [REDACTED], Georgia. SCP-3724 spans 75 square metres and is located on 3 acres of fenced land. There are several signs reading "Beware of Dog" on the front gate and outer fencing of SCP-3724. SCP-3724’s anomalous properties manifest when any autonomous entity enters within its established perimeter. Once an entity violates this perimeter SCP-3724 enters an active state during which SCP-3724-1 will bark incessantly whilst instances of SCP-3724-2 exit from numerous openings in SCP-3724 at an average rate of five instances per second. Instances of SCP-3724-2 will then proceed to attack the intruder by biting and scratching.

SCP-3724 will remain in an active state until the intruder is destroyed or leaves the premises. Cadavers and pieces of broken machinery which remain within SCP-3724's perimeter are carried off of the property and buried by SCP-3724-2 instances before the cessation of the event. Examination of the perimeter of SCP-3724 resulted in the discovery of several buried animal corpses1, a toy R.C helicopter and a severed human foot2. After the event has concluded instances of SCP-3724-2 will re-enter SCP-3724 and any instances of SCP-3724-2 who perished during the event will undergo rapid decomposition until the entirety of the instance has been reduced to dust.

All attempts to access the interior of SCP-3724 so far have been met with failure. To date attempts to access the interior of SCP-3724 have resulted in the loss of four land-based R.C drones, three air-based R.C drones, one D-class personnel and one military grade armored utility vehicle. Ranged camera inspection of the interior of SCP-3724 show no abnormalities and show no instances of SCP-3724-2.

SCP-3724-1 is a member of Canis Lupus Familiaris or domestic dog and appears to be of Shih-poo breed. SCP-3724-1 is female and has fur with a dirty-grey coloration. SCP-3724-1 does not require food, water or sustenance of any kind and spends the entirety of its time on the roof of SCP-3724 while constantly looking out for intruders.

SCP-3724-2 are members of Canis Lupus Familiaris or domestic dog and appear to be of Shih-poo breed. Instances of SCP-3724-2 appear to be cloned instances of the same two dogs classified as SCP-3724-2-A and SCP-3724-2-B. SCP-3724-2-A and SCP-3724-2-B are both male dogs with fur of a white coloration.

At the beginning of an active state SCP-3724-2 instances possess physical attributes consistent with that of a non-anomalous dog of similar size and breed. However, as the event continues newly produced instances of SCP-3724-2 begin to display anomalous feats of strength and agility, the potency of these physical enhancements seems to be directly proportional to the length of time SCP-3724 has been in an active state. The longest event to date has been ten minutes long, at the end of which produced SCP-3724-2 instances were capable of running in excess of 80 km an hour, jumping 12 metres in the air and biting through three-inch-thick steel plating. Physically enhanced instances of SCP-3724-2 are indistinguishable from their normal counterparts and thus all instances are to be treated as potentially dangerous.

Normal instances of SCP-3724-2 which are removed from the property prior to its deactivation will attempt to return and react violently to any attempts to impede it, following the cessation of the event the SCP-3724-2 will cease trying to return to SCP-3724 and will exhibit mannerisms similar to that of a non-anomalous domestic canine. SCP-3724-2 instances with enhanced physical attributes will also cease trying to return to SCP-3724 following the cessation of an active state. However, they will retain their aggressive nature. Due to their physical capabilities and violent tendencies, the removal of enhanced instances of SCP-3724-2 from SCP-3724 is strictly forbidden.

Discovery: Housing records show that SCP-3724 was previously inhabited by a family of four, Phillip Richmond (age 37), Deana Richmond (age 35), Jason Richmond (age 12) and Rebecca Richmond (age 6). SCP-3724's anomalous properties were discovered shortly after all members of the family were killed in a car crash on 3/10/20143.

SCP-3724 was discovered on 3/15/2014 when Robert Mafood, who was tasked with picking up the family dogs triggered an active state and was attacked by instances of SCP-3724-2. Robert then proceeded to call animal control complaining about a “swarm of dogs”. Two animal control agents were dispatched to the area where they triggered another active state and were promptly attacked. Following the second event, foundation personnel were contacted and quickly secured the area. Robert Mafood and other family members were interviewed and Class-B amnestics were applied where necessary.

Addendum: 3724-1: On 3/17/2014 an individual managed to gain access to SCP-3724. The individual was a forty-year-old Puerto Rican female named Linda Vassil. Linda possessed an electronic opener for SCP-3724' s front gate and a set of keys for SCP-3724's front door. Following the encounter, Linda was amnestitised and told that the Richmonds had moved away.

A detailed report of the incident may be viewed in the file below.

Addendum: 3724-2: An investigation into the affairs of Phillip Richmond has lead to the identification of several business associates with potential ties to an underground black market specializing in the selling of anomalous objects to wealthy individuals. It is theorized that these markets are operated by small groups of individuals which fragmented from The Chicago Spectre in the late 1990's.

Analysis of Phillip Richmond's computers and cellphones lead to the discovery of a series of text messages to a currently unidentified individual. It is believed that the conversation is of Mr. Richmond finalizing the purchase of an anomalous object which eventually lead to the creation of SCP-3724.

The address given in the messages lead to an abandoned canning factory, a thorough search of which yielded no results. The phrases to which the seller is referring to have not been found in any of Mr. Richmonds journals or electronics, therefore it is believed that the phrases are either documented somewhere within SCP-3724 or they were lost when Mr. Richmond died.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License