SCP-3669
rating: +60+x

Item #: SCP-3669

Object Class: Safe Keter

Special Containment Procedures: One copy of SCP-3669 is to remain in Wing B of Site 33. All extant copies of SCP-3669 are to be immediately destroyed, and all extant instances of SCP-3669-1 are to be placed in Wing B of Site 33 for further testing given Class-E amnestics and released into society. Four instances of SCP-3669-1 are to remain in Wing B of Site 33.

Due to Incident 3669-47, in the event of a containment breach a full investigation of the premises SCP-3669 was reported in must be conducted, and any civilians related to the owner of the copy of SCP-3669 must be investigated for traces of SCP-3669-1.

Further testing of SCP-3669 is subject to O5 approval, and SCP-3669-1 will be created from select Class D personnel only for the duration of testing.

The site of Incident 3669-47 is to be protected by a 20 kilometer perimeter. Any civilians attempting to cross the river are to be redirected to the ferry. Inside the perimeter, any non-authorized personnel are to be immediately detained and issued a Class-A amnestic.

Description: SCP-3669 is a non-fictional book entitled "Modern Mathematics Made Magical" by Cornelius Fastthought on October 1st, 1963. It is 16.24 centimeters wide and 22.86 centimeters long, with 231 pages. The book's front cover is a deep green, with yellow text displaying the title and the name of the author, as well as the date of publishing. The back cover is entirely empty. There is no record of any person named Cornelius Fastthought, and there is no attributed publisher for SCP-3669.

SCP-3669's primary function is teaching the reader, designated SCP-3669-1, how to perform mathematics more efficiently using an original system based around arrows pointing in 1 of 8 directions. The arrows can be facing up, up-right, right, down-right, down, down-left, left, or up-left. The significance of the directions is unknown. This original system will be designated SCP-3669-2. SCP-3669-1 have shown remarkable quickness at performing mathematics. SCP-3669 primarily focuses on basic arithmetic, set theory, and algebra, and has a short chapter in the end dedicated to performing calculus using its methodology.

Testing of SCP-3669-2 by individuals who have not read SCP-3669 invariably results in failure, as SCP-3669-2 has been proven logically inconsistent. SCP-3669-2 uses arrows exclusively to reach a numerical solution. SCP-3669-2 bears only superficial relation to existing forms of mathematical notation, but its methodology is currently unknown. No existing known operators are used. Only those who have read SCP-3669, or have been taught how to do it by SCP-3669-1 are capable of utilizing SCP-3669-2.

When the methodology of SCP-3669-2 is used outside of theoretical calculations, SCP-3669-1 exhibit a green discoloration and growth of [REDACTED], labeled SCP-3669-3. SCP-3669-3 have exhibited the ability to consume and process metals, and the amount of mental function retained from prior to the transformation is unknown.

Furthermore, actions that use SCP-3669-2 as the basis of their calculation exhibit wildly anomalous behavior that do not function according to existing laws of physics. The only consistent behavior noted in such cases are the recurrence of 86 degree angles, and that the behavior eventually results in the calculation's original desired effect.

Addendum:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License