SCP-365
rating: +134+x

Item #: SCP-365

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-365 is to be stored in a storage locker at Storage Site-23. SCP-365 must be kept away from any body of water except for testing purposes. SCP-365 is to be kept in its testing pool at all times. The door to the pool is to be locked and guarded by one security guard (see Addendum 365-02). Experiment requests must be approved by a Level-3 researcher.

Description: SCP-365 is a green pool noodle made of polyethylene foam. By itself, it displays no unusual properties and is physically identical to a typical noodle of similar size. SCP-365's unusual properties manifest only when it is placed in a body of water. When a subject completely submerges in said body of water, they become unable to get out.

Subjects report a sense of dread, and describe themselves in an infinite sea, swimming endlessly in a direction and finding only more water (see Audio Log 365-03). It is important to note that to outside observers, the subject simply seems to be flailing in place.

The only way to remove a submerged person from the water is to remove SCP-365, negating its effects. All other methods of rescue have failed; cables and ropes have exhibited an unnatural resistance and snapped, drainage systems have failed, and human intervention has led to [DATA EXPUNGED].

Addendum 365-01: SCP-365 was discovered in ███████, ██████, on ██/██/19██. Retrieval personnel found it at the ██████████ Public Pool along with the bodies of ██ civilians. Because SCP-365's properties were unknown at the time, █ agents lost their lives. SCP-365 was eventually found and removed from the pool, and carbon monoxide from an improperly maintained water heater was used as a cover story.

Addendum 365-02: On ██/██/20██, Researcher █████ discovered that Hallway 19 of Storage-Site 23 was flooded. █████ noticed water leaking from SCP-365's storage locker at a rate of 5 L/min. She quickly notified Doctor █████, who opened the locker to find SCP-365 producing water from its holes. SCP-365 was subsequently moved to its testing pool, whereupon the flow of water stopped. SCP-365's containment procedures have been changed accordingly.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License