SCP-3635
rating: +47+x

Item #: SCP-3635

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3635 is to be contained in a Standard Security Locker. Personnel are forbidden from viewing the contents of SCP-3635; if viewed, Class-A amnestics are to be administered. Testing with SCP-3635 must be approved by at least one Level 3 researcher.

Any personnel assigned to SCP-3635 who experience inconsistent memories compared to others and/or documentation are to notify the Site Director immediately. Should additional memories include documents or letters, personnel are to make every attempt to replicate them.

UPDATE - 9/25/1996: All transcripts of recalls reported by SCP-3635-A are to be sent to the Historical Research Division for cross-examination with existing historical evidence.

Description: SCP-3635 is an entirely blank photograph measuring roughly 9.5 cm by 13 cm in size. Testing of SCP-3635 suggests it is a Cabinet Card1. Reproductions of SCP-3635 through scanning or photography do not carry its anomalous effect.

When exposed to SCP-3635 directly, the subject (designated SCP-3635-A) will begin to recall one or more events. A large proportion of subjects report a form of traumatic event, which in majority of cases leads to depression or anxiety. Class-B amnestics appear effective at counteracting these effects. Non-Fatal Type-I Memetic Hazards are known to be present in certain events, necessitating basic cautionary procedures.

Most SCP-3635-generated memories share several fundamental characteristics, including interactions between anomalous entities (which, as of 9/25/1996, have included animals, plants, and inanimate objects) and a "green-suited" task force with unknown affiliations. The subject takes the role of an observer, and not as a member of this task force (with the exception of [REDACTED - LEVEL 4 CLEARANCE REQUIRED]).

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License