SCP-3182
rating: +102+x
grocery

SCP-3182 in an inactive state.

Item #: SCP-3182

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: Undercover personnel stationed outside of SCP-3182 are to remove any individuals attempting to gain access. A cover story involving unstable construction is to be disseminated as justification for this. Past witnesses to a Deimos Event are to be tracked down and administered amnestics as appropriate for their level of exposure. Due to the relative isolation of the town of Denton, difficulty in locating these individuals is not expected.

No Foundation personnel are to enter SCP-3182 during a Deimos Event. Any testing during a Deimos Event must be approved by at least one member of Level 3 personnel.

If any personnel report hearing a soft gurgling sound, they are to be vacated from SCP-3182 immediately.

Description: SCP-3182 is a dilapidated grocery store in the town of Denton, Missouri, which is host to a range of anomalous phenomena from 19:52 to 20:52 each day (hereafter referred to as a Deimos Event). The anomalous properties of SCP-3182 appear to have first manifested shortly after its initial closure. Said closure took place due to a combination of an ongoing poor economic situation in the town and negative publicity brought about by the suicide of a seventeen year old part-time worker.

During a Deimos Event, no outside sources of visible light are able to penetrate SCP-3182. Additionally, individuals will find themselves unable to enter or exit the building, claiming when questioned that no entrances or exits exist. Video recordings of their time around SCP-3182 show that this is not the case, suggesting SCP-3182 instead has an effect on the perceptions of those that come into contact with it.

Individuals present inside SCP-3182 during a Deimos Event are known to be anomalously affected in a number of ways, including:

  • Sudden and irregular bouts of extreme distress or melancholy.
  • Development of severe resentment towards the town of Denton, Missouri.
  • Recollection of memories determined to belong to former regular customers at SCP-3182.
  • Paranoia regarding a vague approaching danger, and a need to do something about it.
  • A strong desire to leave SCP-3182, even though this is not possible.

A number of adverse physical effects, including nausea, severe injuries, and death have also been recorded. There appear to be an as-of-yet not understood set of criteria for these occurring to an individual.

The anomalous effects of SCP-3182 appear to be centered around Aisle 3 of the store. In this area, along with the previously mentioned phenomena, manifestations including disembodied moaning and screaming, the appearance of indistinct humanoid figures, and the sounds of something heavy being dragged along the floor have been reported.

Investigation into SCP-3182 is ongoing.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License