SCP-3122

You Have Reached Your Destination

rating: +289+x
elevix

Promotional material for Elevix Electronics.

Item #: SCP-3122

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Instances of SCP-3122 are to be stored in a Faraday-cage-shielded storage container when not being used for testing.

Evidence of the existence of Elevix Electronics and any products produced by it are to be removed from public awareness using standard data-censoring protocols.

Description: SCP-3122 is a series of consumer satellite navigation systems produced by the now-defunct "Elevix Electronics". The anomalous effects of SCP-3122 manifest when the following conditions are met:

  • The currently active journey on SCP-3122 is estimated to take over three hours to complete.
  • The vehicle in which SCP-3122 is situated has currently undergone at least two hours of the programmed journey.
  • At some point following the two-hour mark, SCP-3122 loses its signal tracking. No specific cause for the loss of signal is required.

Once these conditions have been met, following the loss of signal SCP-3122 will connect to an unknown source from which it will begin receiving information. The vehicle in which SCP-3122 is installed, along with any occupants of the vehicle and SCP-3122 itself will be translocated to SCP-3122-1.

SCP-3122-1 is a topologically inconsistent pocket of space-time which initially resembles the area from which SCP-3122 and its associated vehicle were removed. Once within SCP-3122-1, SCP-3122 will begin to relay instructions that are increasingly nonsensical, and SCP-3122-1 itself will begin to change both its layout and contents, with the severity of these effects increasing over time.

After a period of time following the victim's entrance into SCP-3122-1, typically between 24 and 72 hours, the vehicle will re-enter standard reality at the final destination point of the original journey. SCP-3122 will be present within the vehicle, though any lifeforms will be missing.

An investigation into Elevix Electronics revealed a number of consumer electronics developed by the company, many of which demonstrate anomalous properties. No record of the creation of the company, or any employees working for it, could be found. The registered business address for the company was determined to be a large warehouse containing numerous crates of SCP-3122 instances.

Analysis of recovered security footage from the areas around the warehouse revealed repeated visits by a single individual, determined to be PoI-30808 (Shazira Masaani). PoI-30808 has previously been linked to various religious cults typically centred around minor anomalous objects. The last recorded sighting of PoI-30808 was in 1996, following the mass-suicide of one of the associated cults.

A software update for SCP-3122 was developed and released, with the goal of disabling any devices onto which it was installed, and a recall order for all affected products was enacted. It is estimated that over 95% of the sold instances of SCP-3122 have been recovered or rendered inert.

SCP-3122-1 Exploration
On 19/07/2016, permission was granted to attempt exploration of SCP-3122-1 to determine the nature of the anomaly and ascertain the possibility of recovering the lost civilians. A vehicle was equipped with an instance of SCP-3122, numerous recording and tracking devices, and piloted by D-Class personnel D-993211 on a programmed journey that would take them through a tunnel sufficient to cause the loss of GPS signal two hours and five minutes in to the test.

Following are transcripts of the recovered recordings, starting immediately prior to the activation of SCP-3122. D-99 was instructed to continue describing his surroundings even if contact with Control was lost. He was otherwise not informed of the nature of the experiment.

Approximately 37 hours after contact was first lost with D-99, a GPS ping was received from his vehicle; it was found at the originally programmed destination. No trace of D-99 was found.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License