SCP-2564
rating: +33+x

Item #: SCP-2564

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2564 is to be fenced off and contained within Provisional Site 467. Containment is to be managed from Site 81. The site perimeter and all rooms within SCP-2564 are to be kept under continuous CCTV surveillance. On-site security personnel are to monitor SCP-2564 and its perimeter to prevent accidental or intentional entry by unauthorized civilians. Any anomalous occurrences are to be reported immediately.

Description: SCP-2564 is the former Willow Glen Community Hospital located at 2301 Virginia St. in Gary, Indiana, constructed from 1959 to 1964. Starting in 1974, a number of anomalous phenomena have manifested in SCP-2564, resulting in at least five fatalities, and potentially several others. Persons associated with patients accepted to the hospital were statistically more likely to undergo a harmful or fatal accident at or near the hospital. Additionally, psychokinetic potential measurements taken in 2001 showing a ∆N = 14.5 nE/m over baseline1 near SCP-2564 indicate there may still be continued activity.

The hospital's former psychiatric ward, designated SCP-2564-1, housed a number of inpatients with unusually severe permanent mental illness from its construction until 1979, including POI-58436, who is currently in Foundation custody at Site 06-3. SCP-2564-1 was originally contained as SCP-2564 in August 1979, after it was brought to the attention of the Foundation by agents embedded within local law enforcement during investigation of incident 2564-a. The psychiatric ward was closed and its inpatients moved to Foundation custody for screening, after which most were given amnestic therapy and moved to other facilities.

After containment of SCP-2564-1, additional incidents (2564-b through f) at the hospital led the Foundation to reclassify the entire building as SCP-2564 in December 1989. SCP-2564 was acquired by the Foundation in January 1990. The Foundation then closed the hospital, with the last patient gone in March 1990, after which Provisional Site 467 was established to contain SCP-2564.

Incident Report 2564-a: Document not available. Primary copy was destroyed during 2004 Site 81 archive fire; no secondary copy is available due to its sensitive nature. Access to Area 135 backup pending request validation.

Incident Report 2564-b: Prepared 1989-12-16 following investigation into the events of 1981-07-23 by Agent Pamela Bushnell under the direction of SCP-2564 HMCL supervisor Veronica Eason.
The following is the approximate series of events, deduced from archived CCTV footage, interviews with eyewitnesses, and various official and unofficial records.

<1981-07-23T03:20-05> State Police Officer Clifford Walker sustains a gunshot wound to his right upper chest when he was fired upon by a Mr. Bekmarza Timayev during an attempted robbery at the People's Bank located at 1862 25th Avenue.
<03:28> Walker is transported by ambulance to the Willow Glen Community Hospital.
<03:34> Walker arrives at the hospital and is admitted to emergency care.
<03:35> Dr. Terri Rogers finds Walker to be uninjured, although his clothing is damaged consistent with the injury described by the paramedic.
<03:37> State Police Officer Thomas Dunn arrives at the hospital to visit Walker. He is admitted and leaves his handgun at the front desk.
<07:45> Dunn returns to the front desk and retrieves his handgun.
<07:49> Dunn leaves Willow Glen Community Hospital. He enters his vehicle and pulls out of his parking space.
<07:50> Dunn's vehicle is struck by another vehicle in the parking lot. CCTV footage shows that the other vehicle was not occupied at the time of the collision. No other individuals are seen.
<07:54> Dr. Bradley Schuette pronounces Officer Dunn dead. Cause of death listed as acute cranial trauma.

Bekmarza Timayev is at time of writing incarcerated at the Westville Correctional Facility (IDOC inmate number 526820) in Westville, Indiana, and is serving a 26 year sentence for robbery resulting in serious injury and robbery with a deadly weapon.
Officer Clifford Walker survived the shooting against initial expectations and has subsequently retired from service. X-ray images taken two years later for unrelated reasons show the presence of a hard metallic object embedded in Walker's right lung, consistent with a healed bullet wound. Doctors were surprised that he hadn't died from internal infection. An analysis of the bullet after surgical removal states it was a .45 ACP round likely fired from a Colt M1911, consistent with the weapon used in the robbery.

Incident Report 2564-c: Prepared 1989-12-15 following investigation into the events of 1984-01-15 by Agent Pamela Bushnell under the direction of SCP-2564 HMCL supervisor Veronica Eason.
The following is the approximate series of events, deduced from archived CCTV footage, interviews with eyewitnesses, and various official and unofficial records.

<1984-01-15T13:15-06> A Mr. Kyle Law, 41, arrives at Willow Glen Community Hospital, with his son Richard Law, 7. R. Law has a suspected ulna fracture.2
<13:25> Richard Law is admitted to see Dr. Lennon for treatment. K. Law takes a seat in the hospital lobby.
<13:30> A ventilation cover falls from the ceiling and strikes K. Law on the head, resulting in minor bruising. K. Law shouts several expletives.
<13:31> K. Law refuses treatment for his injury.
<13:33> K. Law demands to see his son. He is told to go to room 511. He exits the lobby, climbing the stairs to the second floor.
<13:39> An unknown second incident occurs, causing K. Law to fall from the window of room 511.3
<13:48> A Mrs. Margret Govea arrives at the hospital, and discovers K. Law on the pavement below the window.
<13:50> K. Law is admitted to Willow Glen Community Hospital with multiple cervical fractures.

K. Law was subsequently diagnosed as quadriplegic and declared unable to care for R. Law by the Lake Circuit Court of Indiana. Custody of R. Law was given to Mr. Daniel Utley (uncle, maternal side) and his wife. R. Law was subsequently adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Utley.

Incident Report 2564-d: Prepared 1989-12-14 following investigation into the events of 1989-05-03 by Agent Pamela Bushnell under the direction of SCP-2564 HMCL supervisor Veronica Eason.
The following is the approximate series of events, deduced from archived CCTV footage, interviews with eyewitnesses, and various official and unofficial records.

<1989-02-03T11:10-06> A Mr. Ethan Warren, 28, arrives at Willow Glen to visit his grandfather. He is admitted to visit his grandfather Mr. Reece Warren, 75.
<11:16> E. Warren enters R. Warren's room, carrying a handgun.
<11:17> CCTV timestamp skips from 11:17 to 11:19.
<11:19> E. Warren exits R. Warren's room. He is still carrying the gun.
<11:21> E. Warren is seen walking down the hall to the lobby. He is no longer carrying the gun.
<11:25> Secretary Ann Olson sees E. Warren "wander" through the lobby out the door. E. Warren appears to be in an altered state of consciousness.
<11:40> Nurse Katerine Long discovers the handgun in a wastebasket in the geriatrics ward, and reports it to the police.

R. Warren was a patient at Willow Glen from 1986 until his death on 1989-07-30. His medical records indicate that he had been in a vegetative state for the entirety of his stay.
E. Warren had previously been convicted twice in separate incidents on gang-related assault charges. E. Warren was placed under arrest two days later and charged with possession of a firearm by a felon. He pled guilty and was sentenced to four years in prison. E. Warren died of cerebral hemorrhage on either 1989-04-13 or 1989-04-154 while incarcerated at the Edinburgh Correctional Facility.

Incident Report 2564-e: Prepared 1989-12-12 following investigation into the events of 1989-12-04 by Agent Pamela Bushnell under the direction of SCP-2564 HMCL supervisor Veronica Eason.
The following is the approximate series of events, deduced from archived CCTV footage, interviews with eyewitnesses, and various official and unofficial records.

<1989-12-04T04:36-06> A Mr. Carl Hazen, 18, and four passengers, Miss Tammy Knotts, 16, Miss Luella Silvera, 18, Miss Eva Blue, 17, and Mr. Mark Moore, 19, are driving on I-65 South.
<04:37> Mr. Hazen's vehicle leaves the roadway and collides with a tree near mile marker 26. Knotts is thrown forward through the windscreen and rendered unconcious. Hazen, Silvera and Moore survive the initial collision and are trapped in the vehicle. Blue is decapitated in the collision.
<04:45> Gary Fire Department rescue crew arrives at the scene of the collision and are able to recover Hazen, Silvera, and Moore from the vehicle's wreckage.
<04:47> Two ambulances and a helicopter arrive. Hazen and Silvera are transported by ambulance to the Willow Glen Community Hospital. Knotts and Moore are transported by helicopter to the University of Chicago Trauma Center.
<04:52> Hazen and Silvera arrive at the Willow Glen Community Hospital, and are admitted.
<06:30> Hazen is placed in room 403.
<06:32> Nurse Eddie Jacobs enters room 403 and discovers Hazen with 499 plastic hypodermic 10mL syringes stuck into his body. The syringes are filled with Hazen's blood.
<06:49> Foundation guards at the hospital assigned to SCP-2564 establish initial containment of room 403. Site 81 is alerted of a potentially anomalous occurrence. MTF Beta-32 "Snapping Turtles" is dispatched.
<07:01> MTF Beta-32 arrives at the hospital. Hazen's body and the syringes are recovered for analysis.

Postmortem analysis of Hazen's body and analysis of the blood in the syringes indicates that Hazen had been intoxicated at the time of the collision. No other overt anomalous signs were discovered.
Recommending a review of past incidents at Willow Glen Community Hospital to assess if it poses a persistent anomalous threat that warrants full permanent containment of the hospital.

Incident Report 2564-f: Prepared 1990-01-10 following investigation into the events of 1990-01-08 by Agent Pamela Bushnell under the direction of SCP-2564 HMCL supervisor Veronica Eason.
The following is the approximate series of events, deduced from archived CCTV footage, interviews with eyewitnesses, and various official and unofficial records.

<1990-01-08T14:30-06> A Mrs. Hazel Moyer arrives at Willow Glen Community Hospital (now SCP-2564) with her husband Mr. Orville Moyer. Mr. Moyer is experiencing symptoms of kidney failure, and is admitted.
<14:38> Mrs. Moyer is struck in the head by a gas fitting that had come undone from a compressed CO2 tank, fracturing her skull.
<17:02> A Mr. Adam Dean is admitted to visit Mr. Moyer.
<17:08> Dean enters Mr. Moyer's room and closes the door. Dean is seen speaking to Mr. Moyer.
<17:09> Dean leaves frame and reenters bearing a cup, presumably filled with something. Dean hands the cup to Mr. Moyer, who ingests its contents.
<17:12> Dean is seen vomiting on the floor of the room. He moves to the window and attempts to open it.
<17:13> Dean is seen struggling to open the window, but does not succeed.
<17:14> Nurse Mary Webb opens the door and enters the room and finds Dean collapsed against the window. She reports feeling dizzy, and she opens the window, reportedly to ventilate the room.

Mrs. Moyer died as a result of intercranial hemorrhage resulting from the impact and fractured skull.
Mr. Dean and Mr. Moyer had been joint owners of Conzone Construction Equipment, a company that sells large construction machinery in the Lake County and nearby areas and had been having financial difficulties. Postmortem examination indicates that both individuals died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Analysis of the contents of Mr. Moyer's stomach reveals a large amount of ethylene glycol, and his original symptoms were consistent with poisoning by the same.

Incident Report 2564-f-2: Prepared 1990-03-18 following investigation into the events of 1990-03-18 by Agent Pamela Bushnell under the direction of SCP-2564 HMCL supervisor Veronica Eason.
Provisional Site 467 reported discovering the appearance of a metal plaque affixed to the side of SCP-2564 near the front entrance, bearing the text "In memory of Hazel Garcia Moyer. I'm so sorry." Analysis of CCTV footage revealed a timestamp discontinuity in the camera monitoring the area in which the plaque appeared, skipping from 1990-03-18T4:19:04-06 to 4:19:27. After the discontinuity, the plaque appears in the footage, although it was absent before. No intruders were reported. This is presumed to be linked to incident 2564-f.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License