SCP-2487
rating: +152+x
IMG_20191130_200542.jpg

SCP-2487-02. Note the mutations on the jaw bone.

Item #: SCP-2487

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2487 is surrounded by a five-kilometer perimeter quarantine zone. The exterior of this zone is designated Site-930, and is made to resemble the outer perimeter of a United States Military Base publicly known as Fort Grenwall. Fifty armed members of Special Task Force Omega-15 ("Dire Deeds") are stationed at this site, specially trained and equipped to eliminate instances of SCP-2487-02.

The interior of this zone is to be armed with anti-personnel land mines for the first three kilometers extending outward from the center, followed by a zone of pitfall traps that are at least ten (10) meters deep and thirty (30) meters wide. Should an instance of SCP-2487-02 breach this perimeter, STF Omega-15 is to mobilize and attempt containment. If containment is impossible, all instances are to be destroyed with extreme prejudice.

Should the outermost perimeter of Site-930 be breached, members of STF Omega-15 are to enact the "Big Game" protocol, as detailed in Addendum 2487-05.

Pertaining to the containment of SCP-2487-02 instances, surviving instances are to be kept in Class-7 non-human anomaly holding cells at Site-930-B. Any attempts at escape should be met with extreme force.

Description: SCP-2487-01 is a circular pocket of unstable space-time located within the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee, United States. While not viewable in the visible spectrum, it can be detected with tools used to measure and view infrared and ultraviolet waves, as well as electromagnetic fluctuations. SCP-2487 measures approximately fifty (50) meters in diameter, and is located approximately ten (10) meters off the ground. In addition, this aperture constantly emits an infrasonic frequency of approximately 19Hz, causing an instinctive fear response in most animals. SCP-2487-01 is impassible; attempting to enter it with drones results in catastrophic technological failure, and organic matter passes through without entering the anomaly.

At unpredictable intervals- which have ranged from two days to five years- an instance of SCP-2487-02 will emerge from SCP-2487-01. SCP-2487-02 refers to anomalous instances of the extinct species Canis dirus, or the Dire Wolf. As of 12/31/2016, there have been 55 instances of SCP-2487-02 captured and contained (labeled SCP-2487-02-1 through 02-55). SCP-2487-02 instances have been genetically modified, with stronger skeletal and muscular structures, decreased sensitivity to pain, enhanced strength, and enhanced regenerative capabilities, presumably to maximize the chance of their escape and reaching their destination.

Instances of SCP-2487-02 are not hostile, but will attack when provoked. While not impossible, disabling an instance of SCP-2487-02 has, in the past, required the usage of anti-tank weaponry, landmines, the services of two Esoteric Warfare teams, and the use of highly toxic gaseous agents.

Instances of SCP-2487-02 that have emerged from SCP-2487-01 and escaped initial containment and/or destruction have been found between fifty and seven hundred twenty-one kilometers of the initial site, all deceased. The carcass is inevitably located near the residence of an employee of the United States Postal Service; individuals affected in this manner are designated SCP-2487-03.

SCP-2487-03 instances are ignorant of their anomalous nature, and are biologically human. However, two anomalies are present in SCP-2487-03 instances. Firstly, all members of the Canis family are markedly more aggressive towards SCP-2487-03 instances. Secondly, the nature of this anomaly appears to be contagious— post that has been handled by SCP-2487-03 individuals transmits this anomaly to other individuals who are members of the United States Postal Service.

No more than five months after the initial contact with the anomaly, the progenitor SCP-2487-03 instance will be found dead, seemingly eviscerated by a large, canine animal; biopsies on canids in the area will confirm the presence of human flesh in the digestive tract. Following this, another employee of the United States Postal Service that has handled mail which was also handled by SCP-2487-03 will become the next SCP-2487-03 instance. This cycle repeats until either 1) all subjects in this chain are killed or 2) a subject in the chain has their employment as a member of the USPS terminated.

Addendum: Document 2487-01: In the aftermath of a near containment breach on October 19th, 2016, a member of STF Omega-15, Private Bovington, discovered a metal capsule embedded in a tree near the center of the SCP-2487 quarantine zone. After reporting it to site command, Private Bovington was given the go-ahead to extract the item, it was returned to Site-930 for transport to the nearby research and containment Site 84. During this time, the capsule was accidentally opened, and the following document was found inside. The text was printed three times, in simple Greek, Latin, and an unknown language, believed to be a combination of Cherokee and Latin, with syntactic traces of Greek and Nahuatl included.

alexandriaaeternum3.png

THE INHABITANTS OF TANASI ALTERNUS HAVE BEEN TRIED IN ABSENTIA FOR THE CRIME OF SERIAL MAIL FRAUD AND THEFT. ITEMS STOLEN INCLUDE:

ONE (I) GIMNASION EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS CONCENTRATION ENHANCER

ONE (I) ORICHALCUM COMBINE OF OCEANS MENTAL AID

ONE (I) PAIR OF ECHUS PROJECTOR COMBINE AUDIENCE-SILENCING APPARATUSES

ONE (I) DELPHINIA SUPERBUS COMBINE DIVINATION APPARATUS (DEFECTIVE)

ONE-HUNDRED THIRTY-FOUR (CXXXIV) SACKS OF APOLLODORUS CONSTRUCTION COMBINE MOLISOLUS MARK III CONSTRUCTIVE POWDER

FOR THIS CRIME, THE INHABITANTS OF TANASI ALTERNUS HAVE BEEN SENTENCED TO A TOTAL DISRUPTION OF COURIER SERVICES LASTING FOR NO LESS THAN TWENTY-FIVE AND NO MORE THAN FIFTY CALENDAR YEARS. ATTEMPTING TO INTERRUPT THIS SENTENCE WILL RESULT IN HARSHER PUNISHMENT.

MINISTER GAIUS OCTOBRAS

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License