SCP-2423
rating: +141+x

Item #: SCP-2423

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: The perimeter of SCP-2423 is to be patrolled by MTF Mu-3 "Cassiopeia" at all times. No instance of SCP-2423-1 is to leave SCP-2423, regardless of circumstances.

Fresh food and gasoline are to be delivered monthly to SCP-2423. Additionally, board games and decks of cards are to be delivered biannually. Emergency materials or personnel may be delivered to the area, but require the approval of at least one personnel of security clearance Level 3 or higher.

Provocation of an instance of SCP-2423-1 is strictly prohibited. Communication is likewise prohibited except by personnel with security clearance Level 3 or higher.

Description: SCP-2423 is a facsimile of a branch of the Foundation. It contains a facility, grounds, and personnel for the facility. These personnel are designated SCP-2423-1. When asked for the name of this facility, they claim it is called Site-██. There are no records of this facility ever being built, no records of the branch being founded, and, after extensive research, no birth certificate for an instance of SCP-2423-1 has been found. Earliest records of SCP-2423 were on the date of ██/██/20██, when several emails from instances of SCP-2423-1 came to Foundation personnel, and the █████ area marked increased electrical and water draws.

All personnel encountering instances of SCP-2423-1 have complained of severe irritation or discomfort, often without reason. Brain scans of personnel during interaction with an instance of SCP-2423-1 reveal increased activity in the parietal lobe, suggesting this agitation might stem from something perceived subconsciously. However, extensive testing of residents reveals them to be both physiologically and genetically identical to humans, and they have displayed no anomalous traits other than this discomfort.

It is apparent that all instances of SCP-2423-1 fully believe themselves to be actual Foundation personnel, and even have artificial memories to support this assumption. Additionally, many of these individuals have extensive knowledge of the inner workings of the Foundation, with one researcher analogue being able to list off the locations and containment procedures of several artifacts in the █████ area. Containment procedures for these artifacts have been changed in light of this fact.

Instances of SCP-2423-1 include the following:

  • A site director.
  • A task force consisting of thirty six personnel.
  • A research team consisting of sixty four personnel.
  • A security team consisting of forty nine personnel.
  • A maintenance/janitorial team consisting of twenty five personnel.

It has been noted that each department consists of a number of personnel equal to the square of a whole number. The significance of this is not yet known.

SCP-2423 came into existence fully integrated into the surrounding infrastructure of █████, but has since been cut off and supplied with a gasoline generator and a water supply. A concrete and steel wall has been constructed around the facility. The task force analogue has been relieved of all weapons. Instances of SCP-2423-1 have not resisted any measures taken to restrain or disarm them.

SCP-2423 also came into existence containing several unique items, which have since been removed and given their own classifications. One item could not be removed, due to anomalous traits, and has been designated SCP-2423-2.

Instances of SCP-2423-1 have expressed a clear aversion to talking about SCP-2423-2. When pressed, instances relapse into total silence. This has led to the belief that SCP-2423-2 is somehow important to SCP-2423.

SCP-2423-2 is a large book, 77 cm by 99 cm, levitating 2 meters above the ground. The book has 106 pages, each with a single charcoal drawing of a different antique radio. The spine of SCP-2423-2 is rigid and believed to be spatially locked relative to Earth's center of gravity. Digging beneath the book does not alter its position in space, and no amount of force has thus far been able to damage or shift it from its current location. Study of the object is ongoing, but, to date, no further knowledge on SCP-2423-2 or its significance has been obtained.


What follows are interviews with instances of SCP-2423-1.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License