SCP-2403
rating: +230+x

Item #: SCP-2403

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: The east stairwell of Research Site-45, between the 1st and 3rd floors, is to be closed to personnel indefinitely. Access to the 2nd floor landing will be blocked with reinforced concrete with a steel blast door on the 1st floor landing to be locked at all times. Testing on SCP-2403 has been suspended until further notice.

Description: SCP-2403 is a phenomenon currently isolated within the east stairwell of Research Site-45, between the last step of the stair flight of the 2nd floor and the 2nd floor landing. Whenever a sentient bipedal being descends the stairwell and crosses over the last step of the 2nd floor, they will be instantly transported to another location in space-time.

In all cases, the locations are observed to be mainly areas of high altitude with abrupt vertical cliff faces. Any subject transported by SCP-2403 will be positioned to step and fall off these cliff faces, regardless of any foreknowledge of the phenomenon. Subjects will experience free-fall at a normal rate during this phase. Before making contact with the ground, subjects will be instantly transported onto the 2nd floor landing.

Subjects will experience a slight time dilation effect as the time at the point origin from when they disappear and reappear is nearly instantaneous. However, subjects will experience the full duration of the free-fall and retain a memory of the event. No other physical objects or properties have been seen to return with the subject such as rainwater (if applicable), dust particulate, gas trapped in the subject's lungs, subject's inertia, or subject's momentum. Testing has proven that there is a correlation between stairs traveled in a single stride with locations, although the precision of these results is currently inconclusive.




Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License