SCP-2367
rating: +155+x

Item #: SCP-2367

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2367 is contained on-site in a hangar constructed around it, with Level 5 security measures in place. A cover story of a high-security German military base is in effect. As of ██/██/████, testing is prohibited until Event 2367-Sigma occurs.

Foundation agents embedded within Berlin emergency response services will monitor radio traffic for possible SCP-2367-1 manifestations, dispatching agents to carry out recovery, clean-up, and administration of amnestics as necessary. SCP-2367-1 instances are non-anomalous and require no special containment outside of recovery.

Upon initiation of Event 2367-Sigma, city-wide deployment of rescue airbags, mass administration of amnestics, and emergency repair measures will be used to minimize detrimental effects.

Description: SCP-2367 is a geodesic hemisphere 15 meters in diameter, constructed from steel and painted with forest-pattern camouflage. There is a small control panel on the south side, and a 4 meter square door adjacent to the control panel. The interior is a smooth hemisphere approximately 13 meters in diameter. The device was built as a means of displacing objects (including live humans) to targeted points in space-time. In testing, objects displaced in such a manner invariably appeared several hundred meters above their intended destination. Both "forward" and "backward" temporal travel have been achieved in testing. It requires no external power to operate.

SCP-2367-1 instances are individuals or objects that were sent through SCP-2367 prior to Foundation recovery of the object. To date, six SCP-2367-1 instances have manifested, listed below:

  • Four unidentified males wearing enlisted Schutzstaffel uniforms (all deceased upon impact)
  • One STG-44 assault rifle (unloaded)
  • One parachute of the type issued to German paratroopers during World War II.1

For full information on SCP-2367-1 instances, see peripheral documentation.

SCP-2367 was recovered during Operation Hammer, the Foundation's infiltration of the German government during World War II. Recovered documents indicate that SCP-2367 (referred to therein as "Die Glocke," which translates as "the Bell") was constructed under the supervision of SS Obergruppenführer Otto Weber (POI#420714), at some point prior to May 1945.

Event 2367-Sigma is the anticipated re-materialization of the subjects of the only known use of the device by its builders (excluding SCP-2367-1 instances): several high-ranking NSDAP2 members fleeing the Red Army. Their anticipated destination is in the vicinity of Berlin, on 13 October 2031.

Addendum:
Review of documents recovered over the course of Operation Hammer indicate that SCP-2367 was used to evacuate a larger number of individuals than previously thought. Lower-end estimates place the number of individuals that will manifest during Event 2367-Sigma at approximately 1400, including a fully equipped field-artillery platoon and a dozen Tiger I tanks. Mobile Task Force Psi-33 "Himmler's Housekeepers," has been re-organized and expanded to minimize casualties and civilian exposure to Event 2367-Sigma.3 Evacuation of Berlin and an appropriate cover story are under consideration.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License