SCP-2257
rating: +283+x
villa-194671_640.jpg

SCP-2257

Item #: SCP-2257

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2257 currently belongs to the Foundation, under a constructed identity. In order to maintain a perimeter, a fence is installed around most of the property, and a security team is posted in the residence directly across the road. The lawn is to be mowed once a week, and the lights set on a timer to turn on and off at appropriate times to give the appearance of occupancy.

Description: SCP-2257 is a one bedroom, two bathroom home in a suburban development located in ██████, Wisconsin. The exterior presents no anomalous properties. The interior is normally furnished for a suburban home.

Approximately 48 hours after entering SCP-2257 by any means, all objects and entities become an instance of SCP-2257-1. SCP-2257-1 refers to anomalous items (most commonly furniture or household appliances) found within SCP-2257. SCP-2257-1 instances are sapient and capable of speech in English. Subjects converted into SCP-2257-1 instances do not physically change, but gain individualized personalities, voices, and consciousnesses separate from other instances, although interviews imply a telepathic communication between instances.

All instances of SCP-2257-1 claim to be the sole deity of their respective physical representation. For example, SCP-2257-1-23 is a tan, suede armchair that claims to be the "god of chairs". Other than these properties, instances of SCP-2257-1 have shown no other anomalous qualities. At the time of writing, however, testing has consisted only of inanimate objects. It has been implied however by instances of SCP-2257-1 that a living entity could become another instance of SCP-2257-1. (See Addendum)

The instances of SCP-2257-1 maintain a set of order throughout SCP-2257, often rearranging themselves when shifted to reattain their state of balance. For example, when the cutlery normally set in the dining room is rearranged, instances of SCP-2257-1 become agitated until they are able to return to the formal cutlery arrangement by fine dining standards in the United States of America (the salad fork must be on the far left, the dinner fork beside it, etc).

All instances of SCP-2257-1 are capable of rearranging themselves when left unobserved. When objects and entities that are not currently an instance of SCP-2257-1 enter the premises, instances will try to deter the subject from remaining within the home until the 48-hour threshold has passed, at which point the new instance is welcomed, so long as another occurrence of the same object does not already exist. Instances of SCP-2257-1 will rearrange themselves in ineffectual attempts to menace or otherwise deter objects that are deemed useless or extraneous.

Addendum:

The conversion of a living entity into an instance under SCP-2257 was previously presumed impossible. However, on 2/25/2014, SCP-2257-2 was created. SCP-2257-2 is a former D-Class, now referred to by other instances of SCP-2257-1 as "The Guardian", and is the result of a need to replace recording equipment continually converting into instances of SCP-2257-1. Conversion occurred unexpectedly after normal 48-hour threshold.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License