SCP-2124
rating: +253+x
scpxxxx.jpg

Photograph of SCP-2124, taken upon acquisition by the Foundation from its previous location.

Item #: SCP-2124

Object Class: Safe (pending review following test 2124-09)

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2124 should be kept in a secure storage locker, sized at least 50cm by 50cm by 10cm. This locker should be kept sterile, free of moisture and airtight whenever practicable in order to prevent SCP-2124 from deteriorating.

A foam insert molded to fit a 20cm-length ██████ brand kitchen knife has been added to the inside of SCP-2124 following test 2124-04 and, while removable, should be kept in place during approved tests pending approval from a senior researcher or other staff member of level-3 clearance or above. Any instances of SCP-2124-1 must be returned to the box, ideally to the molded insert, during standard storage.

Testing of SCP-2124 is permitted by staff of level-2 clearance and above after filing of form F-2124-01. Following test 2124-09, testing of SCP-2124 is forbidden unless directly supervised by a staff member of level-4 clearance or above.

Description: SCP-2124 is a large-sized pizza box, made out of double-layered brown cardboard. SCP-2124 contains grease-residue and upon initial discovery showed early signs of ██████ ██████ mold growth (removed upon standard sterilization procedure), but is otherwise in good condition for its age. Written in black ink, presumably by a black felt-tip-pen, upon the top of the box is the message 'CAREFUL! INVISIBLE KNIFE IN BOX'.

All components of SCP-2124, including the ink on the warning, appear to be made of standard material with no anomalous properties. SCP-2124 is as vulnerable to damage as any cardboard pizza box, and care should be taken during testing to avoid any deterioration.

A human being attempting to consciously "pick up the knife" or "find the knife" is successful in finding such an object1, designated an instance of SCP-2124-1. Subjects describing SCP-2124-1 frequently describe it using the following terms:

  • "It feels almost like empty air."
  • "It feels like I could crush it."
  • "It might slip out of my hand if I close it too hard."

SCP-2124-1 has no detectable weight or measurable presence, other than the (often uncertain) word of the subject holding the instance that they are holding the object. However, when instructed to cut objects using an instance of SCP-2124-1, the object is cut in a manner consistent with a sharp kitchen knife. SCP-2124-1 is able to cut through soft objects with no appreciable effort, through meat and firm objects with simple effort, through bone with moderate effort, and through steel with considerable effort.

Exact dimensions and properties of instances of SCP-2124-1 appears to vary with test subject and testing conditions. See the abridged test log, below, for additional information.

The interior of SCP-2124 appears to be empty to standard inspection, without any evidence of an instance of SCP-2124-1. All non-human interaction (sweeping with tongs, brushes, metal detectors) with the interior produces results consistent with an empty box. Blindly feeling around the interior of SCP-2124 also produces the same result.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License