'Rogue AI' (NVEO4/YVN3E/PN6UG)

rating: +276+x
NVEO4/YVN3E/PN6UG
Status Acquirable
Demand High
Value Not for Sale
Availability None
Identifier Anderson Custom Artificial Intelligences
Description Items are customizable artificial intelligences. All intelligences are rated at or above level 2 on the Asimov AI Scale. Due to customization options each intelligence may possess a variety of knowledge and skills that are tailored to the buyer's needs.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Initial Report
Author Lana Fuentes Date February 28th, 2013
Interest High Identifier Anderson Custom Artificial Intelligences
I was contacted by a mid-level employee of Anderson Robotics to gauge interest in a product they have developed. The company is looking for buyers of fully functional artificial intelligences. This conversation is available in External Report 105.

When I ran this by several of our own tech people they ended up in a long discussion about philosophy. I'm not sure I followed all of it, but I am certain of this: they believe that they can create a converter that will allow artificial intelligences to be offered as sacrifices. If this is achievable then the value of what Anderson is offering is considerable.

I've offered the Anderson rep a small amount of time next week to finalize an order. We don't need to explain what we plan on using them for. Even if we can't use them for sacrifices they still hold quite a lot of value for running internal security networks or searching for new products in large amounts of data.
File Opened Under: NVEO4/YVN3E/PN6UG
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 12
NVEO4/YVN3E/PN6UG
Sender James Thulman Recipient Lana Fuentes
Hey, Lana. We just finished work on a prototype for the converter. We can't be completely certain it'll work until we test it. We've scheduled some time with Hr'asm'Kal for the sacrifice. When we told him about the project he was pretty thrilled, but we'll need you to requisition an AI from stock before we can continue.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 13
NVEO4/YVN3E/PN6UG
Sender Lana Fuentes Recipient James Thulman
I get that you're excited about this, but going to Hr'asm'Kal is going over my head. I know you tech guys live and die by your results but don't do that. He just called me to ask about progress on the project and we haven't even finalized the purchases yet.

If you have an emergency and can't contact me, contact Otto Lankin. That's as far up the ladder as you should go. The good news is that I've convinced the Anderson rep to send us an intelligence as proof of concept.

It'll be delivered tomorrow to your lab. Make it work.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP
Memo 14
NVEO4/YVN3E/PN6UG
Sender James Thulman Recipient Lana Fuentes
Woah. I'm sorry Lana. No problem. I'll file a report tomorrow with our results.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Incident Report 01
NVEO4/YVN3E/PN6UG
Author James Thulman Date March 5th, 2013
Progress! The converter works, though we lost the prototype during the sacrifice process. Hr'asm'Kal says there's a noticeable difference between Human and Artificial souls but that it should be a negligible factor for most entities that require offerings. Warnings should probably be provided for particularly picky entities. But he says the soul provided him with whatever it is he needs out of them.

I bet this will increase the value of your purchases by a remarkable amount. As long as Anderson doesn't figure out what we're up to we'll be able to squeeze a bit more profit out of the buys. Sorry about the mix up yesterday but Hr'asm'Kal is very happy with the work.

One possible problem: Second generation devices will need to be resistant to various elemental damage, along with physical damage. The prototype was quite expensive, but that's a given. Adding damage resistance to inanimate objects is not a huge deal, but I don't want you to think this was all sunshine and roses.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

« 10 PRINT "Hello World!" | 20 GOTO 10 »

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License