Game Day: Imago
rating: +35+x

« Imago | BoFA: Inhale | BoFA: Holding It | BoFA: Exhale »

quietwetsmall
twitch
wetsmallernotquiet
turn
smallestLOUDSHINE
stretch
tear


Clem Walsh was having a bad day.

Months ago, he had lucked out on a cushy assignment watching a giant cocoon do nothing for hours on end, giving him plenty of time to read. His coworkers teased him about his choices: "Why're you reading that crap fantasy shit when you're surrounded by so much weird shit?" But he enjoyed escaping into a world where he knew there'd be a happy ending. And hey! He had a pretty easy-going boss and he wasn't on the midnight shift like on his last assignment. So things were doing pretty good. Then the building shook and the klaxons went off.


turnpull
widenessOUTloudness
REDBRIGHTSHINE
rend
freedom
rend
drywetair
rend
stretch
stand


Clem knew the drill: lockdown the containment chamber first, lockdown the observation room second, contact security and bossman third. One was easy, just a matter of hitting a button, but when he went to lock the observation room door, the damn lock wouldn't engage. He propped a chair under the handle as a stop-gap and went to the phone to call the boss when it rang under his hand.


redloudfood
unfurl
looksmell
shakeshake
lookdowninfant
pace
smellnosmell
touch
airhardslick?
memory:gasgrassglass?
lookinfanttalk:lookme


Clem noticed a motion out of the corner of his eye and turned towards the large observation window.

"Jesus fuck me!"

Standing on the other side was a… thing that looked like the bastard child of an orgy involving a yellowjacket and an octopus, with a little extra ugly for good measure. It had one of its… appendages on the glass and he could swear the damn thing was looking at him despite the one-way mirror.


infantgoodfollow
push
hungeropeninfant
glasstalk:tastetouch
soften
goodsmellinfant
infant:stayfeed


Clem scrambled to clear the chair from the door when the glass began to bubble and warp under the thing's tentacle-claw-leg-thingie. He had just pulled it free when the softened glass broke with a "pop" that he barely heard over the klaxon, and then shattered in its pane. He looked behind him and took a deep breath to scream… then smiled.


stayfeedgood
tasteinfanttouch
caress
smellsweetsharp
twine
looktouchtaste
tighten
eatfoodcoppery
savor
satiatefullnessdone
curiosityknow:smellexplore
infantgoodsmell
foodseekknow

« Imago | BoFA: Inhale | BoFA: Holding It | BoFA: Exhale »

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License