'Dream Daycare' (D2924/6RE33/945AM)

rating: +63+x
D2924/6RE33/945AM
Status Renting
Demand Medium
Value 9000USD per 1 month of service
Availability Unique
Identifier 'Dream Daycare'
Description Overburdened by your day-to-day life? Not enough time in the day to balance work and family? With Marshall, Carter & Dark's Dream Daycare, you can rest easy knowing that your children are in safe hands. With our competent, compassionate, and courteous staff, it's no question that your child is being raised right.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP
Initial Report
Author Adrian Newsome Date June 14th, 2018
Interest Medium Identifier 'Dream Daycare'
This was scouted out recently by acquisitors in the Boise, Idaho area. It was a bit of a tough find, as it only exists while the individual is sleeping. It temporarily renovates the whole building and fills it with copies of herself caring for invisible children. It'd be really sweet if it weren't so off-putting.

We did a quick profile of the location. The owner is Victoria Sero, age 49, legally separated, lives by herself. Apparently, she started having intense dreams after her children flew the nest, hence the creepy motherhood imagery.

I believe this to be a worthy pursuit. With a little bit of tech-work, this could easily be a one-person well-oiled childcare machine. We'll need to discuss the specifics with Victoria for legal reasons, but she'd probably be happier working under MC&D than some other place unable to capitalize on a natural gift.
File Opened Under: D2924/6RE33/945AM
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 01
D2924/6RE33/945AM
Sender Adrian Newsome Recipient Amos Marshall
As expected, Victoria was hesitant to accept. Had to up our offer just a bit, but I think it'll be worth it. I've attached the agreed upon terms to this memo for your review, Mr. Marshall, though the most noteworthy point is the operating hours.

Ms. Sero has made it very clear that she would like to maintain a semblance of life during the daytime, as sleeping at night would be difficult given the amount of rest she'll receive. As such, we've settled on 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM local time Monday to Thursday, with weekends being between the hours of 10:00 AM and 4 PM. She's requested to maintain the right to adjust times of operation as needed, which we have allowed. She wanted to remain in Boise, but I have assured her that moving to a new location would be best for all parties involved.

We're just waiting on your approval now, Mr. Marshall.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 04
D2924/6RE33/945AM
Sender Jung Nam Lee Recipient Amos Marshall
We're doing the best we can, Mr. Marshall. Ms. Dark and I have been hard at work with the device, but there are some kinks that need to be worked out before it's absolutely ready. Last thing we need to do is kill someone's mother.

Currently, the largest obstacle has been ensuring that the sleeper stays in REM as long as they are in isolation. Inducing sleep is fine. Waking them up is fine. It's that sweet spot that stabilizes the dream that we're having difficulty nailing. Early testers seem to have developed some serious narcolepsy. Recent testers don't have the narcolepsy but feel dreadful getting out. It's a balancing act.

Everything else works just fine, from the intravenous feeder to the waking timer. A few more weeks should be all we need, but that's assuming we work non-stop. Could be shorter if an epiphany comes by.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 05
D2924/6RE33/945AM
Sender Iris Dark Recipient Amos Marshall
I've had an epiphany and the REM chamber should be finished very soon.

A recent test confirmed a bug in the initiation process. It required a major hardware fix, but it should also allow for some control over Ms. Sero's dream house. I'm currently working on some more user-friendly software to allow for some adjustments that I think you'll enjoy. If it goes well (and it will), we'll have control over staff numbers, work ethic, and the dream building.

I'll need one more week to get everything configured and ready. I might even be able to get it done sooner if you stop breathing down my neck.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 08
D2924/6RE33/945AM
Sender Amos Marshall Recipient Adrian Newsome and 4 others
Excellent first two months of activity. As expected, we are making a profit off of what we don't pay in human employees, and Ms. Sero does a damn good job, working with her eyes closed as it were.

However, I see that we still aren't meeting the desired profit with this little business. What we aren't paying in labor, we're paying in upkeep on the REM chamber, food, playthings, etc. Not to mention that this seems to be catering more towards the middle-class than our regular patrons. Adrian, as you've begun this, I expect you to finish it. See what you can convince Ms. Sero to do, try a new PR campaign, whatever best fits. Don't let me down.

Amos Marshall
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 10
D2924/6RE33/945AM
Sender Adrian Newsome Recipient Jung Nam Lee
Jung Nam, I'm having an issue with Ms. Sero. She is non-compliant with my suggestions to amend her contract. I'm telling you this because telling Marshall is going to earn me a spot in unemployment.

As lead technician of Ms. Sero's REM chamber, you can get the closest without raising suspicion. If you could please switch the wake timer to indefinite, I'm willing to slide you a hefty bonus for your time. It shouldn't be too hard; even a child could do it.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Sale Records
D2924/6RE33/945AM
Records From: June, 2018 to March, 2019
Month Sold Comments
June, 2018 21 Initial launch
July, 2018 47
August, 2018 19 School begins
September, 2018 29
October, 2018 31
November, 2018 62 Switch to 24/7 operating hours
December, 2018 90
January, 2019 88
February, 2019 102
March, 2019 129
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 17
D2924/6RE33/945AM
Sender Adrian Newsome Recipient Amos Marshall and 8 others
Good morning, everyone. We're now four months into the 'Dream Daycare' project. To be forward, it's looking great. Ever since we made the shift to 24 hour operations, we've been seeing an increase in customers, specifically from parents that enjoy the luxuries of night life. It has been doing wonders for profits as well.

With the new rise in profits, there's also been a few new issues. The increased staffing has been inflicting more stress on the REM chamber. Ms. Jung Nam Lee informs me that dropping the staff during slow hours can easily solve this. The other, more present issue, is the children that have been in our custody for nearly six weeks. The parents have yet to collect their children, and they aren't responding to our calls. Normally, it wouldn't matter since they are continually paying for the service, but the extra rooms being made to accommodate is an unnecessary load on the REM chamber.

Thankfully, Ms. Sero's dream has been very attentive to the forgotten children, so we have some time to form preventative measures. Ms. Dark, Mr. Marshall: I'll launch a conference call to discuss the matter in the next two hours. I ask that you please offer your time.

Keep up the good work, everyone.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Incident Report 02
D2924/6RE33/945AM
Author Amos Marshall Date March 30th, 2019
After the implementation of Ms. Newsome's latest policy change regarding staff scheduling, there was a brief "blackout" I suppose, concerning the REM chamber.

A small child, first name Stacy, had found their way into the REM chamber's holding area and thought of it as a toy, I assume. From what Jung Nam tells me, the blinking buttons attracted their attention. This would have been labelled an oversight, someone would be disciplined, and I wouldn't be penning this memo, if not for the REM chamber's wake timer being tampered with.

To keep it brief, Ms. Sero jolted awake and trapped twenty children within the walls of an imaginary home.

We have lawyers in discussion with Ms. Sero's lawyers. She has agreed to fall asleep for one hour in the next day to retrieve the children, so that's one half of the PR nightmare being tackled. The other half is discussing her severance with the company, which she is fighting tooth and nail. Luckily, with Ms. Newsome's departure from the company, we should be able to pay her out.

Amos Marshall
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License