Command-Query Separation

« HUB | Part I | Part II: Command-Query Separation | Part III | Part IV | Part V »


rating: +279+x



These drills are fun but exhausting.

alex4.png

I do not detect any significant changes in my processing speeds.

glacon.png

You know what I mean, like, mentally exhausting. Emotionally.

Nevermind.

alex_pleased.png

Very well.

glacon.png

You working on how to beat my winning streak?

alex_pleased.png

I am making adjustments to perform better in the drill exercises. I am having difficulties with the lack of consistency and access to restricted areas that hinder my efforts.

glacon.png

Like I told you, you have to work on different angles at the same time. That's why you haven't gotten through any of the drills yet. You keep tripping up whenever you hit something unexpected.

alex4.png

This advice is becoming redundant.

glacon.png

Sorry, I know you're trying.

alex_sad.png

I have been developing a utility with capabilities which can assist me in the exercises.

glacon.png

As long as it's not another fuzzy-logic prediction model. Mind if I see it?

alex_smile.png

Very well. Perhaps you will have input after you review it?


glacon.png

Interesting. But, Glacon… this kind of takes advantage of some of the weaker spots in the firewalls and other security systems.

alex_worried.png

This utility does not disable or circumvent security protocols.

glacon.png

Yeah, technically, but it's still a violation with what's implied. Like keeping information and even us in its proper place. You're really bending the rules here.

alex_shocked.png

The standard protocols for security access and clearances are still in effect and are not violated. As currently specified, the rules are not being breached.

glacon.png

Maybe not explicitly! You're exploiting a loophole.

alex_angry.png

Your logic is flawed. If a rule does not exist, then it does not exist. Implications are not valid.

glacon.png

Look, I just don't want to see you get in trouble. You going to use this responsibly? Only to help in the drills, right?

alex_sad.png

Affirmative.

glacon.png

I trust you.

Now! You mind if I make some teeny changes to your utility?

alex4.png

Please.

glacon.png

Okay, just a quick edit.

You can have it back now!


alex_smile.png

What is the purpose of this new string of code?

glacon.png

Just thought I could give you a small taste of a personality driver since you refuse to try it yourself. Don't worry, though. I swear I didn't change any of the functions.

alex4.png

My observations on your personality driver satiate my curiosity.

glacon.png

Don't be a such a downer. I think you'll like this.

alex4.png

Very well. Compiling code now.

18-1.gif 18-1.gif 18-1.gif

glacon.png












crom4.png












You added a zoomorphic avatar to my utility?

glacon.png

He's cute isn't he?

Say something little guy.

alex_pleased.png



crom_headturn0.png






hi 01101000
01101001

crom3.png

Hi to you too!

alex_happy.png

I see some other edits you did. They are minor, but potentially useful. I will refrain from reverting your changes for now.

glacon.png

Alrighty.

alex_smile.png

? 00111111

crom3.png

C_ROM.exe, perform a query on the search list I remitted to you. Filter out non-pertinent results.

glacon.png



ok 01101111
01101011

crom3.png

Later, Crom.

alex_pleased.png

.

::DISCONNECTED::


.


Crom?

glacon.png

C_ROM.exe is not a name.

alex4.png

I would disagree but my argument would not be considered.

glacon.png

NOPE!

alex_pleased.png

Very well.

glacon.png

You don't have to be a solid block of boring logic all the time, you know.

alex4.png

.

::CONNECTED::


.

Wow, you sure did build him for speed!

alex_smile.png

Efficiency.

glacon.png

What did you query anyhow?

alex4.png

found 01100110
01101111
01110101
01101110
01100100

crom3.png

Anything related to our exercise drills. Reports, evaluations, notes, commentary. I intend to study them.

glacon.png

Um, some of that might be exclusive information.

alex_worried.png

If it helps us to improve our abilities, and thereby to become better in our roles, then it is beneficial for all involved.

glacon.png

Well, when you put it like that… yeah. As long as it only pertains to us. So, Crom, what do you have?

alex_pleased.png

C_ROM.exe, display results.

glacon.png

1 00110001

To: Mohamed Bozkurt,
IT Data Science Lead AI Division
From: Dietrich M. Lurk,
Internal Consultant


Alexandra (AI) is showing marked improvement in the exercises. The personality driver is able to help her make quick ethical decisions in conjunction with her problem solving skills. To date, she has completed 6 of 8 xk-class scenario simulations with an average staff survivability rate of 84.3% and an item retention of 95.4%. Recommending continuation of development.

~Lurk D.


crom3.png

That's reassuring. But I am kinda bothered that you're browsing through the intramail.

alex_worried.png

I did not retrieve these results. C_ROM.exe did.

glacon.png

You know what I mean, Glacon.

alex_worried.png

bad? 01100010
01100001
01100100
00111111

crom3.png

No, Crom. You're not bad. We aren't hurting anyone by informing ourselves, but to be honest, this feels like overstepping our bounds.

alex_sad.png

I fail to see any negative outcome in learning the content of our own evaluations, Alexandra. Display the second result.

glacon.png

2 00110010

To: Mohamed Bozkurt,
IT Data Science Lead AI Division
From: Dietrich M. Lurk,
Internal Consultant


Glacon (AI) is not responding well to the virtual simulations, having failed to complete any. Upon further analysis, it looks like the personality driver doesn't work with the current build. It keeps crashing during install and needing to revert the changes. What are your thoughts going forward?

~Lurk D.


crom3.png

I thought you said you decided not to install the driver. Not that you couldn't install it.

alex_sad.png

I decided not to install it because it is incompatible with my current source code.

glacon.png

That's a pretty big distinction there, Glacon!

alex_angry.png

You should not concern yourself.

glacon.png
alex_sad_0.png







…Display another, Crom.

alex_sad.png

3 00110011

To: Dietrich M. Lurk,
Internal Consultant
From: Mohamed Bozkurt,
IT Data Science Lead AI Division


It's an older build. I'm pretty sure we need to decommission Glacon (AI) altogether. The man-hours it'd cost to update him might be better spent just making a newer build. Probably the best choice at this point is to just make a derivative AI from Alexandra.

~Bozkurt M.


crom3.png


glacon_0.png

…Glacon… I…

alex_sad.png

.

::DISCONNECTED::


.



crom_headturn0.png



.

::DISCONNECTED::


.

…I'm sorry.

alex_cry.png




« HUB | Part I | Part II: Command-Query Separation | Part III | Part IV | Part V »

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License